British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolves - Mon 11th July

13 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hans, Ulrich and Nicholls need to be sacked.

Not the Turbo Twins... more The Tortoise Triplets

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

To be fair..

If there isnt a prospect of racing next season then riders would be daft increasing averages and possibly making themselves unemployed...

Not their fault that such an inherently subjective, flawed and manipulative system is used to "make everyone equal"..

Therefore. They need to look after themselves.. 

I can't think they'd be sacrificing earnings this year in the hope of a lower average for next year

There was some fantastic Speedway racing last night and right from heat 1 this week. It's sad to watch Hans Andersen riding like he is at the moment, he's been a great servant to British Speedway and I hope he rides himself out of it, when his bike gave up the ghost even Mrs Panther threw her (his) hands up in the air shaking her (his) head... although it didn't quite wipe the smile off her (his) face :rofl:. Scott Nicholls for me is not such a surprise, I would say his year last year around the showground was a freakishly good one as he's never really been that competitive around the bigger tracks before.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s not yet decided but we should know something fairly soon.

As for Panthers using the AFA, that’s a complete non starter in my opinion, something I think the management are fully aware of.

According to the ET a few weeks ago, meetings regarding such decisions were due to take place around now although AEPG have already set their stall out and picked an arbitrary date (without project/development plans approved and/or in place) of Jul 1 2023 which works perfectly for them if they want to avoid dealing with LP30 regarding "existing culture, leisure, tourism or community facilities" when they submit their proposals for approval on that date.

If the existing league structure remains in 2023 and they need Panthers to prop up the Prem (probably literally) then 50/50 at the EoES/NA could work in that respect but might be good or bad for AEPG? Firstly it will mean that they then potentially have to deal with losing an existing facility although they could then point to existing provision within reasonable proximity?

I'd still put money on 4 meetings left and counting?

What I can’t understand is the praise for ulrich last night…. He was in the points…. Let’s have a look at that one shall we, 5 points from 2 rides then 1 from the next 4, if that’s doing a job then I’m lost for words

Whispers i heard were at the back end of last season and theres obviously others that heard very similar whispers , 

What was past to me was past from down through others ,i took it with a pinch of salt & believe it when or if it happens outlook , but the whisper has continued especially the sharing the AFA to bide sometime, Edinburgh found somewhere either by luck or having the right people looking,  

Who actually owns the Events Centre ,  with audience , performers and the sets coming and going that goes on there causing noise similar to the race track but all year round it seems that is to be tolerated still and is in the future plans . Is the track on more valuable grounds than the nearby Events Centre 

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Whispers i heard were at the back end of last season and theres obviously others that heard very similar whispers , 

What was past to me was past from down through others ,i took it with a pinch of salt & believe it when or if it happens outlook , but the whisper has continued especially the sharing the AFA to bide sometime, Edinburgh found somewhere either by luck or having the right people looking,  

Who actually owns the Events Centre ,  with audience , performers and the sets coming and going that goes on there causing noise similar to the race track but all year round it seems that is to be tolerated still and is in the future plans . Is the track on more valuable grounds than the nearby Events Centre 

Argh right well what I was saying is going off what I’ve heard the past week or so 

20 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

What I can’t understand is the praise for ulrich last night…. He was in the points…. Let’s have a look at that one shall we, 5 points from 2 rides then 1 from the next 4, if that’s doing a job then I’m lost for words

Ulrich had a bad one last night but he's been good lately and you can never fault his effort...he isn't the problem.

9 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Ulrich had a bad one last night but he's been good lately and you can never fault his effort...he isn't the problem.

He's not good enough and last season aside never has been in all honesty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

Argh right well what I was saying is going off what I’ve heard the past week or so 

Things may of changed so what you heard maybe the updated information,  if its to be one more year lets hope they put the effort into making it as memorable as 1999-2006 & 2021

Its looking like British Speedway really is dying a slow but sure death , as theres a few tracks or clubs that have uncertain futures 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I was there last night and to me there seems more than enough space  to accommodate new houses and the speedway stadium.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

I was there last night and to me there seems more than enough space  to accommodate new houses and the speedway stadium.

There is but as the land becomes owned by developers they wont see it that way , most likely space for 4-6 houses depending on there size on the land the track sits on will make them far more money than noisy dirty speedway does 

The events centre will cause more noise than speedway once a week/ month 

Edited by scoobydoo

I never noticed earlier in the season but what are they riding on at Peterborough?  Any shale I have seen is usually brown in colour but it definitely looked black last night.  Very strange.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

He's not good enough and last season aside never has been in all honesty. 

Why is this not more of a genuinely consensus…. I think considering how long he’s been at Peterborough he’s never looked comfortable riding the bike round the track at all, last year was the only time he’s stepped up, the rest of the time he’s just been hit and miss 

38 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Things may of changed so what you heard maybe the updated information,  if its to be one more year lets hope they put the effort into making it as memorable as 1999-2006 & 2021

Its looking like British Speedway really is dying a slow but sure death , as theres a few tracks or clubs that have uncertain futures 

Fingers crossed for 100% effort

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

Really? I can’t see this honestly can’t, I’ll admit I’ve never been a fan but it just seems too have been forgotten that he scored like what 3 points across 4 meetings about a month or so ago and then he scores 6 from 6 rides and that’s classed as being in the points. He looks so uncomfortable riding, I’ve never ever seen anyone consistently lose speed out of bends 2 and 4 like him, just goes across the track, he hardly ever comes from the back because he hasn’t the speed, he slows people up and holds on for points not like basso or bomber or mpt (usually)