British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v EDINBURGH (Jubilee League) + BULLETS v LEICESTER (NDL) 6.30pm - double-header - SATURDAY, JULY 23rs

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s obvious to anybody watching that a lot of riders do not obey the starting marshal,he should insist they come in as per rules  or the Ref should act IMO.No messing Poland so why should it be any different over here..

when i did starting gate many moons ago I actually grabbed a rider who was playing silly buggers bike and pulled it up to starting line. His team manager was not happy but our team manager told him to in so many words calm down old chap :D:D

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Normski said:

when i did starting gate many moons ago I actually grabbed a rider who was playing silly buggers bike and pulled it up to starting line. His team manager was not happy but our team manager told him to in so many words calm down old chap :D:D

You might need to make a come back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edmon said:

Where tracks have them (Premership and Glasgow that I know of) they are supposed to be used according to the rule book.  An instance where a referee suits himself was at Wolverhampton last Monday - Nicholls still gardening off his machine when the two minutes expired and allowed to continue, Bathelor off his machine two minutes expired disqualified straight away.  Referee was Wayne Jarvis who for some reason has been allocated the British Final whilst still technically training, i.e. First year running solo.

I don't know much on Mr Jarvis but surely more experienced and longer serving guys or girls around for British Final

Edited by Spittaler

5 hours ago, screm said:

You might need to make a come back.

Don’t think so,he looks happy with his couple of Pints before the meeting and his Gym Session  on the 4th Bend Banking.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johncar said:

Dose anyone know how the bullets Greg Blair is ? 

Just beat up and sore ribs

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 1:12 PM, Fromafar said:

Electronic Clocks should have been mandatory several seasons ago,would stop all this messing about.It can’t be a huge expense to install one.

Around £200-£400 is figures I have seen or read previously. 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 2:04 PM, edmon said:

Where tracks have them (Premership and Glasgow that I know of) they are supposed to be used according to the rule book.  An instance where a referee suits himself was at Wolverhampton last Monday - Nicholls still gardening off his machine when the two minutes expired and allowed to continue, Bathelor off his machine two minutes expired disqualified straight away.  Referee was Wayne Jarvis who for some reason has been allocated the British Final whilst still technically training, i.e. First year running solo.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 3:36 PM, Al Stewart said:

I've never been in favour of the two minute clocks, the reason being that I like the ref to be able to give a bit of leeway. I want to see the four riders in the race, and if one of them takes 2 mins 1 sec to get ready then I am not bothered.

The 2-minute rule is poorly written, needless to say. I think it should have a full stop in the middle. It also doesn't really spell out exactly what constitutes being 'ready' though you might say that is obvious. I remember at one time the rider only had to be on track heading towards the start.

Here's how the rule is worded now:

The Referee must indicate the start of a 2 minute allowance by means of a warning horn or bell audible in the pit area together with the flashing amber lights if all of the riders are not in the starting area at the same time this warning shall apply to all riders and can be given only once

I seem to remember looking at this area of the rules before & you have to be on track heading towards the starting area after the expiry of the 2 minutes BUT you are not allowed to prepare your starting area(deemed delaying the start). 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 4:26 PM, King Jamie said:

A couple of snippets from the rulebook:

011.1.3 2 Minute Allowance

If a track has a countdown clock, that can be operated solely by the Referee, then it is compulsory for the clock to be used.

011.1.4 Starting a Race

The Start Marshal shall bring the riders to the starting gate, in the order as determined by their gate position, commencing with gate a, b, c, then d.

:)

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 4:41 PM, Fromafar said:

It’s obvious to anybody watching that a lot of riders do not obey the starting marshal,he should insist they come in as per rules  or the Ref should act IMO.No messing Poland so why should it be any different over here..

Difference being British rules & Polish rules but I do like the Polish rule as at the expiry of the 2 minutes you have to be ready to race or you're out.

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Around £200-£400 is figures I have seen or read previously. 

I seem to remember looking at this area of the rules before & you have to be on track heading towards the starting area after the expiry of the 2 minutes BUT you are not allowed to prepare your starting area(deemed delaying the start). 

Difference being British rules & Polish rules but I do like the Polish rule as at the expiry of the 2 minutes you have to be ready to race or you're out.

Simple way is fir referee to tell both sets of riders before the meeting what his expectations are . Then you can’t moan . Not rocket science 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Simple way is fir referee to tell both sets of riders before the meeting what his expectations are . Then you can’t moan . Not rocket science 

Don't they do that now, it seems such a simple fix.:blink: