British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 5/8/22@19.30

I tend to agree with MD regarding Chris Holder fantastic in his prime but sadly his prime is long gone.

One serious injury too many and is no longer at  that elite level.

still a competent rider but no more than that.

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

I tend to agree with MD regarding Chris Holder fantastic in his prime but sadly his prime is long gone.

One serious injury too many and is no longer at  that elite level.

still a competent rider but no more than that.

The whole GP Qualifiers need revamped.If a riderlike Chris gets there on merit there’s not much argument .IMO

On 8/6/2022 at 7:59 AM, geoff100 said:

Cant escspe guests,8 cats does countdown had 2 guest captains last night !

But that's a comedy show that doesn't pretend to take itself seriously...

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2022 at 9:21 PM, MD said:

There comes a time when at almost 35, having not been a GP rider for 4 seasons and having required a wild card that final year, you accept you are not at that standard anymore and as a former World Champion make a dignified exit from Grand Prix's for good. Time to let the new generation have their chance.

I could not disagree more, if Holder want's to return to the GPs & qualifies, there's no reason he shouldn't be there.

As for having accepted a wildcard in that final year, not sure what that means, as almost half of this year's field got wild card / reserve picks.

Finally if the "new generation" want their chance, they need to beat the "old generation" and qualify for the GPs. Otherwise why should they be in there?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I could not disagree more, if Holder what's to return to the GPs & qualifies, there's no reason he shouldn't be there.

As for having accepted a wildcard in that final year, not sure what that means, as almost half of this year's field got wild card / reserve picks.

Finally if the "new generation" want their chance, they need to beat the "old generation" and qualify for the GPs. Otherwise why should they be in there?

Spot on.