British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP Saturday August 27th

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I wouldn’t be so sure, the FIM are already taking about it, and laguta has been posting some things lately, sayfutinov seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth 

Laguta is a Polish citizen. Hard to see him being denied labour next year for that sole reason. And if he is riding surely he must get a pick if he wants it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is'nt 7th place a cert if Dan stays in the top six, as he already through. So at the moment Robert is in, but its a bit crowded 6th to 11th. And Martin Vaculik was top 3 until his accident, and a GP winner this year.

If Dan stats tip 6 I think that supercedes the GP Challenge, so the place would go to the rider who came 4th in the challenge.

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Subjective view I know but Marcella reminds me of a Eurovision Song Contest presenter and is annoying as hell 

But nowhere near as annoying as Kelvin Tatum and his five phrases being repeated ad nauseum.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, truthsayer said:

But nowhere near as annoying as Kelvin Tatum and his five phrases being repeated ad nauseum.

I don’t mind kelvin 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Doyle and Tai aren’t doing a lot to make me think they merit a pick at the moment. Do they deserve one ahead of Vaculik, who has a first and a second this year?

I agree. And the fact that there are other Aussies and Brits makes them vulnerable. But they are former world champions and Tai is still a major star.

11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Currently discussions about stopping Russian citizens even visiting the EU, let alone working. The war doesn’t look likely to end soon, so neither will any sanctions

Be a minor miracle if they are back next season

There's plenty of Russians still competing in other sports so they may feel it's not achieving anything if others don't do the same.

Take a look at the US Open tennis line up next week. Plenty of Russians and Belarussians in it. Meanwhile Djokovic is barred because he's not vaccinated.

Personally I hooe they are back next year. They are Polish citizens after all.

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I don’t mind kelvin 

I find it particularly irritating the way he says 'number' before he says any, erm, number. Gate NUMBER one. Heat NUMBER two. Turn NUMBER four. Even semi finals. Semi final NUMBER one. You don't need to say number, bro! All. The. F***ing time! And that's before we have the perennial 'I have to say', 'Set fair' and all the other classics. Such a limited vocabulary. It's a shame because of his co-commentator's death but he's no lead, for sure.

4 minutes ago, truthsayer said:

I find it particularly irritating the way he says 'number' before he says any, erm, number. Gate NUMBER one. Heat NUMBER two. Turn NUMBER four. Even semi finals. Semi final NUMBER one. You don't need to say number, bro! All. The. F***ing time! And that's before we have the perennial 'I have to say', 'Set fair' and all the other classics. Such a limited vocabulary. It's a shame because of his co-commentator's death but he's no lead, for sure.

they have been saying you could throw a blanket over them for 30 years now.

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Currently discussions about stopping Russian citizens even visiting the EU, let alone working. The war doesn’t look likely to end soon, so neither will any sanctions

Be a minor miracle if they are back next season

I think both Emil and Artum are Polish citizens but they ride with a Russian licences. There is talk that they will be allowed a polish licence but unlike chugunov they will have ride under a neutral flag (like they do in some other sports), I think the authorities have meeting about it in September. Whether the FIM will give them wildcards is another question, I personally think they will.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Laguta and Saifudinov will be out for several years. No Russians will be allowed until Russia leave Ukraine. Expect their careers are over to be honest.

just to let you know government's all over the world are at war with their own people, problem is 99% of the people  dont know it., i think its called mind control.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Yes many times, had a big crash there in 1997 and hated it after that

Take my hat off to you 

I had a go at Olle Nygrens training school at kings lynnn  you boys that race are mental lol total respect to you 

Bewley is 16 points clear of 7place so that means Fricke is likely to be back in. If Russians are back in there must be huge pressure on Jason Doyle to put in big performances in the last 3 GPs, already 2 Australians in.

18 minutes ago, truthsayer said:

He's says "coming on strong" so often, he could commentate on one of Mr Shovlar's, erm, documentaries. ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OGT said:

He's says "coming on strong" so often, he could commentate on one of Mr Shovlar's, erm, documentaries. ;)

And someone really needs to tell him that his 'Dirtometer' is really just a screwdriver.

Edited by truthsayer
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

Bewley is 16 points clear of 7place so that means Fricke is likely to be back in. If Russians are back in there must be huge pressure on Jason Doyle to put in big performances in the last 3 GPs, already 2 Australians in.

Last week after the Challange False Dawn seemed pretty certain if Dan stays in the top 6 then the next rider to be included would be a pick from the FIM.