British Speedway Forum
Arthur54

Poole v Plymouth Jubilee trophy 10th August

3 hours ago, ray c said:

deleted 

Ray, u can choose 'hide' under 'options' (next to edit) after u av posted something nawty & ur post disappears! :D

I use it loads! :lol:

Edited by Turnip

Baking here at the stadium. Still 27 c. Track being deluged with water. Track shining. Big crowd again. 

Next week special promotion. £10 adults kids under 16 free. First 400 kids get whistles. Face painting. And riders signing autographs from 6pm till 6.30. Gates open early. Should be noisy and packed out for visit of Redcar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Baking here at the stadium. Still 27 c. Track being deluged with water. Track shining. Big crowd again. 

Next week special promotion. £10 adults kids under 16 free. First 400 kids get whistles. Face painting. And riders signing autographs from 6pm till 6.30. Gates open early. Should be noisy and packed out for visit of Redcar. 

That means I get a whistle & I can annoy u & Shaleshifter all night! :D

• Sad 1

Great result for the Pirates to complete the unbeaten qualification to the Jubilee Final :t:

Brilliant to hear that the fans are attending in big numbers & thanks Steve for letting us know about the details for the visit of Redcar :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

41 minutes ago, Turnip said:

That means I get a whistle & I can annoy u & Shaleshifter all night! :D

Are you a child?? You can't have one.

If they are giving kids whistles next week, does that mean the adults get some cotton wool for our poor ears! ;):P

• Like 1

So very easy for Pirates. Non contest and pretty boring to be honest as Plymouth offered nothing. Not even a heat winner.

Their season ends in a whimper due to injuries and a heat leader not likely to come back anytime soon in Barker. Certainly not for the foreseeable future.

Good to see Drew riding very well. Poor gating in heat one left him stranded but after that he was excellent. Whole team battled against a Plymouth lineup that should have done better.

Good crowd again, and next week the gates open at 6pm, with whistles being handed out to the first 200 kids. God help us. Plus face painting and riders from both teams available for autographs till 6.30. £10 adults, £6 confessions and under 16’s free. Going to be packed out.

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If they are giving kids whistles next week, does that mean the adults get some cotton wool for our poor ears! ;):P

I'm the biggest kid ever! :D

U shud've been at Leicester on Saturday we all got the clappers....... adults got something else! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good crowd again, and next week the gates open at 6pm, with whistles being handed out to the first 200 kids. God help us. Plus face painting and riders from both teams available for autographs till 6.30. £10 adults, £6 confessions and under 16’s free. Going to be packed out.

Is the local vicar going to be there Steve? :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So very easy for Pirates. Non contest and pretty boring to be honest as Plymouth offered nothing. Not even a heat winner.

Their season ends in a whimper due to injuries and a heat leader not likely to come back anytime soon in Barker. Certainly not for the foreseeable future.

Good to see Drew riding very well. Poor gating in heat one left him stranded but after that he was excellent. Whole team battled against a Plymouth lineup that should have done better.

And word is the council will be there, so let's show them speedway can't be lost to the town ☠️☠️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

And word is the council will be there, so let's show them speedway can't be lost to the town ☠️☠️

Oh, so that's why they are doing it. Makes perfect sense now. Pack the place out and show them speedway is still needed! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, so that's why they are doing it. Makes perfect sense now. Pack the place out and show them speedway is still needed! 

The Council will probably be doing a Health & Safety check so you all better behave! Depending on who you believe the 200 or 400 whistles will make enough noise for them to have grounds for closing the stadium!

Edited by Happy Hunter
Additional comment.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It does seem like it 

if council bods are going to be present understand completely the logic of getting as many families as possible in the stadium,but really, giving hundreds of kids whistles ,bad thinking shocking idea.if theyre keen on families why didnt they have accompanied under16s free allsummer holidays??

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't think they charged! 

Well this is Pirate Land :D

I'd like to know if it's unlimited or pay as you go confessions for £6 coz I cud be with the vicar for quite some time :D

I'll av to bring me dongle with me! :D

Edited by Turnip