British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Tsunami said:

No chance of 100 people putting up £1000 anywhere.

Well,,, what about a 1000 people putting up £100?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do Newcastle have that many fans? 

19 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Do Newcastle have that many fans? 

Dunno, am just doing the maths!!!

56 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about 200ish people putting in about £15 each?

23 hours ago, JCookie said:

Especially not in this economic climate. You wouldn't mind in the good times to support a hobby/passion, but you'd have close to zero chance of ever seeing a grand again.

I would.

That’s why I think paying say £15-20 a month over a period of time 3 or 4 years more people might be more inclined to do it, rather than paying £1000 outright.

£100 might work but even if got 1000 people to do it.. it would be a good start towards a new track but would still need more funds and to find somewhere. 

The problem is finding someone or somewhere trustworthy to put your money, people aren't going to invest say £20 a month for 4 years for the chance of the team returning, whatever happened to the Yorskshire Dukes I put £500 towards many many years ago... they never materialised did they? Who got my money I wonder...?

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

The problem is finding someone or somewhere trustworthy to put your money, people aren't going to invest say £20 a month for 4 years for the chance of the team returning, whatever happened to the Yorskshire Dukes I put £500 towards many many years ago... they never materialised did they? Who got my money I wonder...?

I agree.. I was hoping maybe the Supporters Association would of tried to organise something, or at least put these ideas forward or any ideas they had. They could keep peoples money safe in their bank account to. 

It's good on paper but I've seen it fail in another sport for one basic reason even with the very best intentions of most involved. 

Your 200 most passionate fans contribute a sort of contractual amount monthly or one off. 

Obviously though some of them want a perk or benefit for that, such as free or reduced admission. Human nature is also that some of those will want to act like "King dick" and saviour but probably want to come in free and end up paying no more than if they just went to every match and paid. 

So if your average and budgeted crowd is 500, but the core 200 are getting in for free or on a discount as they are contributing to build or save the club, your actual paying crowd is 300, and you are quickly back where you started, not enough in, too much out and disenchantment. 

Sugar daddy's are few and far between and sponsorship and advertising will be desperately hard to find with the economic crisis and rampant inflation and increased interest rates affecting everyone. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I agree.. I was hoping maybe the Supporters Association would of tried to organise something, or at least put these ideas forward or any ideas they had. They could keep peoples money safe in their bank account to. 

Didn't the supporters association/NSSG try and organise a memories night, but even that got ditched through lack of interest?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's good on paper but I've seen it fail in another sport for one basic reason even with the very best intentions of most involved. 

Your 200 most passionate fans contribute a sort of contractual amount monthly or one off. 

Obviously though some of them want a perk or benefit for that, such as free or reduced admission. Human nature is also that some of those will want to act like "King dick" and saviour but probably want to come in free and end up paying no more than if they just went to every match and paid. 

So if your average and budgeted crowd is 500, but the core 200 are getting in for free or on a discount as they are contributing to build or save the club, your actual paying crowd is 300, and you are quickly back where you started, not enough in, too much out and disenchantment. 

Sugar daddy's are few and far between and sponsorship and advertising will be desperately hard to find with the economic crisis and rampant inflation and increased interest rates affecting everyone. 

its a big poblem too many expect to get in fee , i sponsored so and so , he used to wash his bike at my house ,i used to clean his leathers the list goes on could name names but wont .

Edited by highside
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

Good post.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Didn't the supporters association/NSSG try and organise a memories night, but even that got ditched through lack of interest?

I meant like more in ideas of keeping us open. Getting a proper meeting together. Contacting businesses and previous sponsorship etc. 

Or people who were involved in last couple of years might of tried to bring people together or have some ideas.

Edited by Gaz

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I meant like more in ideas of keeping us open. Getting a proper meeting together. Contacting businesses and previous sponsorship etc. 

A social 'get-together' would be a good starting point IMO.

Getting folk together could be another problem?

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A social 'get-together' would be a good starting point IMO.

Getting folk together could be another problem?

I agree.. something like last season needs to happen but it was easier to do with official websites etc still running to inform people.

Edited by Gaz