British Speedway Forum

The club is closed for a reason, it wasn’t financially viable no matter how incompetent it was run. People are not interested, not in the numbers needed anyhow. 

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I agree.. something like last season needs to happen but it was easier to do with official websites etc still running to inform people.

What's the point of a website, if the place isn't actually up and running?

Am not into 'tech' that much, so how do you keep everyone 'in the loop'?

1 hour ago, highside said:

its a big poblem too many expect to get in fee , i sponsored so and so , he used to wash his bike at my house ,i used to clean his leathers the list goes on could name names but wont .

That was a problem at Swindon, about 1000 paying and 300/400 not.

11 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The club is closed for a reason, it wasn’t financially viable no matter how incompetent it was run. People are not interested, not in the numbers needed anyhow. 

See?

Some can see and, many can't see,,,

Agree! :t:

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What's the point of a website, if the place isn't actually up and running?

Am not into 'tech' that much, so how do you keep everyone 'in the loop'?

I meant last season as in arranging a meeting to get people together on how to keep us open.

This year I am not sure how we would inform everyone of a meeting taking place as obviously a lot of the fanbase won’t be on here, Twitter or Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I meant last season as in arranging a meeting to get people together on how to keep us open.

This year I am not sure how we would inform everyone of a meeting taking place as obviously a lot of the fanbase won’t be on here, Twitter or Facebook.

Paper aeroplanes, or pigeons? ;)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

I agree.. I was hoping maybe the Supporters Association would of tried to organise something, or at least put these ideas forward or any ideas they had. They could keep peoples money safe in their bank account to. 

The thing with the NSSC they have tried to organise a few things over the last couple of months & the interest has basically been 0 the 1 being cancelled last weekend as it was put on FB & that's probably a factor they aren't getting enough interest as some of our fans don't have FB 

15 hours ago, highside said:

its a big poblem too many expect to get in fee , i sponsored so and so , he used to wash his bike at my house ,i used to clean his leathers the list goes on could name names but wont .

Leathers ? Must've been a while back as they have kevlars nowadays lol

On 11/5/2022 at 9:11 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Well,,, what about a 1000 people putting up £100?

Where are you going to find 1000 people interested in Newcastle speedway ? Less than half that figure was the average crowd last season.

2 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Where are you going to find 1000 people interested in Newcastle speedway ? Less than half that figure was the average crowd last season.

Av got no idea. ;)

Another issue is that your initial £100/£500/£1000 "investment" is fine but what happens when the losses start racking up and another cash call is required?

Plus someone (/everyone) has to be responsible for the losses 

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

May have got 6 to 7 or maybe 8 hundred in had the team been any good from the start

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

May have got 6 to 7 or maybe 8 hundred in had the team been any good from the start

In addition, many fans were not convinced with Rob and felt his about turn to run was rather convenient. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I also think although allegedly there was only 350 for Leicester, even though we were getting hammered there was still 550-700 for other matches with Glasgow, Redcar and Berwick bringing quite a few down. 
The crowds this season didn’t seem any worse than previous seasons really.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Even with 800 fans, you need to take the children & a lot of adults out of the equation when it comes to putting £1000 into the Newcastle fund.