British Speedway Forum

Diamondboy, as Newcastle do not have a team riding in any league they cannot be admitted to the AGM.

At the AGM clubs have to declare that they are running next year so that the new Fixture list, K.O. Cup

matches can be sorted out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Still gutted that we just fizzled out and there was no push to find a buyer. 

You were certainly stitched up by Granty.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

You were certainly stitched up by Granty.

Royally screwed and he’s busy living a happy life now! While our team is dead and buried. 

HectorRacing, as Rob Grant was the only one who was willing to continue to run Speedway the last time,

I doubt with what has happened since we closed and everything has been cleared out from Brough Park

that it would take someone with loads and I mean loads of money to get it started again.

Even Rob Grant had to go into partnership with a former promoter to get started and so the chances of

Newcastle Re-opening with a complete unknown to the SCB are very small.

42 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

HectorRacing, as Rob Grant was the only one who was willing to continue to run Speedway the last time,

I doubt with what has happened since we closed and everything has been cleared out from Brough Park

that it would take someone with loads and I mean loads of money to get it started again.

Even Rob Grant had to go into partnership with a former promoter to get started and so the chances of

He had to go "into partnership" with a former promoter because the rules say a new promoter has to have an experienced promoter alongside him (I think it's for 2 years), before going "solo." I'm sure he would have rather have gone in on his own at the beginning, if given that choice.

If someone came in in the future, they would now be "starting from scratch."  Ignoring the fact that it's pretty obvious ARC don't want speedway at Brough, even if they had a change of heart and agreed to have speedway back, any new owner would have to begin right from the start, as, as you say, nothing is left (apart from the track shape).  Finding a new plot of land to begin elsewhere would take bags of cash and a whole bundle of red tape to get through I shouldn't wonder, even if somewhere could be found and that might be the most difficult part.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Yes but he didn't do a good job did he ?  He has very good at selling burgers/chips but, with his restricted investment in the team, even his food income dwindled dramatically and the usual queues quickly disappeared. Took us for mugs and both years he thought we would support any crap that he put on the track for the Diamonds. Now lords it big at Berwick wearing his Diamonds jacket. Oh the irony.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes but he didn't do a good job did he ?  He has very good at selling burgers/chips but, with his restricted investment in the team, even his food income dwindled dramatically and the usual queues quickly disappeared. Took us for mugs and both years he thought we would support any crap that he put on the track for the Diamonds. Now lords it big at Berwick wearing his Diamonds jacket. Oh the irony.     

Dave I may be wrong but when I & jacki Campbell were having a meeting well sort of in the winter months when he took it on his plans were decent but unfortunately COVID struck which basically crippled his plans & I'm not saying that he would have been good or bad for the diamonds ( which in the end ) turned out to be bad but at the end of the day he should have suspended it until at least 2024 saved some money up & went quietly about his business & bought a plot of land to build a new venue & we would probably still have a team to support now 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Do not think the food was that good and went twice and a multi pack can of coke for £2 and not to be sold separate.(Suprised nobody reported him to the trading standards) .People around me told me it was helping the club so support the van.

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Dave I may be wrong but when I & jacki Campbell were having a meeting well sort of in the winter months when he took it on his plans were decent but unfortunately COVID struck which basically crippled his plans & I'm not saying that he would have been good or bad for the diamonds ( which in the end ) turned out to be bad but at the end of the day he should have suspended it until at least 2024 saved some money up & went quietly about his business & bought a plot of land to build a new venue & we would probably still have a team to support now 

I'm sure Rob Grant lost a load of dosh in his attempt running Newcastle but he did step forward & give it a go, so you must give him some credit.

Was he up to the job? probably not, did he get much or any help from the BSPL probably not. Should he have been given permission to run Newcastle speedway by the BSPL? 

Overall I think Rob Grant is the biggest loser in all this & it's now time to move on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I'm sure Rob Grant lost a load of dosh in his attempt running Newcastle but he did step forward & give it a go, so you must give him some credit.

Was he up to the job? probably not, did he get much or any help from the BSPL probably not. Should he have been given permission to run Newcastle speedway by the BSPL? 

Overall I think Rob Grant is the biggest loser in all this & it's now time to move on.

Biggest loser in terms of biggest idiot then yes I agree.

Credit for 1st season, no credit for 2nd season. 
Communication zero, and not willing to ask for help. 
The people who have lost the most in all this is us, the fans, not him! 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dave,,, have you been eating lemons?

No, just telling the truth. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

There are some who believe he didn't lose that much after all. Given the profits from the catering, and plus the begging bowl (twice), it would have lessened the amount to an acceptable level to put through his business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Biggest loser in terms of biggest idiot then yes I agree.

Credit for 1st season, no credit for 2nd season. 
Communication zero, and not willing to ask for help. 
The people who have lost the most in all this is us, the fans, not him! 

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

No, just telling the truth. 

Well maybe someone else needs too/should've took the bull by the horns?

(Pardon the pun). ;)

Personally am inclined to agree with Ghosty.

Edited by ruffdiamond