British Speedway Forum

On 11/19/2022 at 7:58 PM, scampispeedway said:

Steve, is it not in the rules now after Terry Stone opened Newport Speedway on his own and things

were left in a mess when died suddenly, to safe guard this happening again, there must now be at

least one other promoter who holds a Promoters Iicence named as Joint Promoter.

This ensures that if something happens to one of them, there is always a backup Promoter to

carry on with general running of the club..

There are a number of examples of only ONE promoter being at a club, you only have to look down the road at Redcar who have only had one on a number of recent years under Havelock and his follow up Keay. And before anyone mentions it CVS was not a promoter but a director as the rules did not allow you to ‘promote’ at more than one club but then we know how rules can be interpreted in speedway .

11 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

There are a number of examples of only ONE promoter being at a club, you only have to look down the road at Redcar who have only had one on a number of recent years under Havelock and his follow up Keay. And before anyone mentions it CVS was not a promoter but a director as the rules did not allow you to ‘promote’ at more than one club but then we know how rules can be interpreted in speedway .

'rules' is also an anagram 'lures'. ;)

Any Newcastle fans who get the SPEEDWAY star if I was you I'd skip the track review ( in this week's issue) on the diamonds season unless you want a good laugh & that's not a dig at the riders BTW 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Haha 1

Not got me speedway star yet due to postie's being on strike, probably arrive in West Cumbria next Tuesday at this rate !!

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Not got me speedway star yet due to postie's being on strike, probably arrive in West Cumbria next Tuesday at this rate !!

Your local Tesco's Sainsbury's Asda all sell them but if you can wait until the postie brings it you can save on the laughing gas 

Always like a laugh at the Geordies :rolleyes:, but not in these circumstances 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Neila said:

Always like a laugh at the Geordies :rolleyes:, but not in these circumstances 

Aye sad & dark times for us diamond supporters 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Any Newcastle fans who get the SPEEDWAY star if I was you I'd skip the track review ( in this week's issue) on the diamonds season unless you want a good laugh & that's not a dig at the riders BTW 

I think a lot of it must be tongue in cheek. Apparently our number 1 got injured at the start of the season and hence our downfall. No mention of him getting a real injury almost 2 years ago in the GP qualifier at Glasgow. We signed him injured full stop. Agree about us missing Weathers, but no mention of how many team managers we went through, or the number of times Grant overturned Steve's decisions.

All gone now and the least missed person will be Grant. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Any Diamonds fans out there inspired to do a Worky? I know land is a problem, but most fans have shovels in their sheds.

50 minutes ago, Deano said:

Any Diamonds fans out there inspired to do a Worky? I know land is a problem, but most fans have shovels in their sheds.

The shovels aren't the problem but, it's getting the land in the right place and at an acceptable price that will be acceptable to the authorities to run speedway on. 

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The shovels aren't the problem but, it's getting the land in the right place and at an acceptable price that will be acceptable to the authorities to run speedway on. 

is anyone actually looking to the best of your knowledge?

I’ll still follow berwick and redcar but cant travel to them as often as i like. Fuel costs/etc. hence why i’m still missing and sad over what happened to newcastle. 

if i had money, id love to find land and restart this team. But now any land which is around, owners/council only seem to agree with houses, student flats, more student flats and more student flats.

ideally like someone said ages ago seaton burn would have been a decent spot. Yes its on the outskirts of newc but still it would have meant speedway. 

but aye, we long dead now. Nothing seems to be said about our team. 

2 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

I’ll still follow berwick and redcar but cant travel to them as often as i like. Fuel costs/etc. hence why i’m still missing and sad over what happened to newcastle. 

if i had money, id love to find land and restart this team. But now any land which is around, owners/council only seem to agree with houses, student flats, more student flats and more student flats.

ideally like someone said ages ago seaton burn would have been a decent spot. Yes its on the outskirts of newc but still it would have meant speedway. 

but aye, we long dead now. Nothing seems to be said about our team. 

Just look at what happened up the road ( Edinburgh ) thought they had a brand new exclusive venue for the team & along came ( bob or is it jock the builder ) and offered more lolly so that project was chucked on the scrapheap so I doubt very much speedway will return to our area nowadays which is a massive shame 

• Like 1

Keep the faith guys. Where there’s the will there’s a way.