British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Time to move on

It's not the commentators that are the problem. Sure, we miss a true professional like Nigel was, but Kelvin and Chris can just about pull it off.

The problem is the lack of presentation between heats. With Sky and BT we had a studio to cut to, and some for of discussion to break up the programme a bit. This is what is now lacking, and we are missing someone like Natalie in the studio.

What is the worst thing about speedway? It's the tractor going round between races. What do we see on dear old Eurosport? We see the tractor going round, and Kelvin and Chris desperately trying to keep things going - sometimes, as was the case on Saturday, for long periods.

When you are at the stadium, you can kill the time as you are part of an event. On the telly, it needs something else to keep the program going.

This is Eurosport I'm afraid. It's just not in the same league as Sky and BT and it never has been.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

It's not the commentators that are the problem. Sure, we miss a true professional like Nigel was, but Kelvin and Chris can just about pull it off.

The problem is the lack of presentation between heats. With Sky and BT we had a studio to cut to, and some for of discussion to break up the programme a bit. This is what is now lacking, and we are missing someone like Natalie in the studio.

What is the worst thing about speedway? It's the tractor going round between races. What do we see on dear old Eurosport? We see the tractor going round, and Kelvin and Chris desperately trying to keep things going - sometimes, as was the case on Saturday, for long periods.

When you are at the stadium, you can kill the time as you are part of an event. On the telly, it needs something else to keep the program going.

This is Eurosport I'm afraid. It's just not in the same league as Sky and BT and it never has been.

scott and natalie where a good team in the studio and nigel and kelvin on commentary .like eurosport is poor on that front 

6 hours ago, ray c said:

scott and natalie where a good team in the studio and nigel and kelvin on commentary .like eurosport is poor on that front 

But it's a "new era" for the sport..

Or should that read "error"? :rolleyes:

Eurosport doing what Eurosport does..

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:19 PM, keepturningleft said:

Maybe Kelv and co are instructed by their paymasters to keep comments positive.

Boris Johnston will be out of a job soon and he is a Britains biggest habitual lier. Get him signed up!

I think by the time he'd bumbled through the heat line up, the race would be over! 

IMO I think Kelv and Chris  are doing an outstanding job they have already started to form a great partnership ( they are not Kelv and Nigel) which under the circumstances is a credit to them .I think Kelv is an excellent choice in that he is extremely articulate and a former rider who had a long and successful career  ,Chris too has impessed me with his backup comments and different points of view .I think Scotty is a great addition for multitude of reasons not least as he is still riding and a has a lifetime of experience  to backup his input ,i think from a commentary point of view the sport is in very good hands.      

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1