British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The complaint was at the management not the fans.(Only going off what I have read btw on the group, so am assuming it is accurate.) Didn't it also happen at Edinburgh last season as well? Someone needs to get that man a swear jar! ;) So weird as I know track staff at Poole say Glasgow management are so easy and good to deal with.

That would be Craig's dad and our esteemed team manager reacting to the abuse Craig was getting while lying on the back straight. Never heard an ambulance being booed off the track before last night. 

Edited by gmarsbar2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That would be Craig's dad and our esteemed team manager reacting to the abuse Craig was getting while lying on the back straight. Never heard an ambulance being booed off the track before last night. 

Okay, thanks for that. Always good and important to get both sides. Important meeting for both sides and throw in an incident like that always gonna boil over I guess.

Heat 2 will be very interesting....Morris, King, Bomber & Lawson. Me thinks the top 3 will come from that as well. Morris will spend the rest of the evening trying to get shale out of his ears! 

:D

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Heat 2 will be very interesting....Morris, King, Bomber & Lawson. Me thinks the top 3 will come from that as well. Morris will spend the rest of the evening trying to get shale out of his ears! 

:D

Not sure about that me old Turnip. Isn’t number 5 one of the preferred draw positions in individual meetings?

10 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

Not sure about that me old Turnip. Isn’t number 5 one of the preferred draw positions in individual meetings?

In this meeting 6 & 8 are the preferred draw & it's just by coincidence that the Pirates av those two places :D

2 hours ago, Turnip said:

Shale? I thought this was at Poole?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Shale? I thought this was at Poole?

Christmas cracker joke! :D

Don't forget to put yer paper hat on & blow yer whistle........! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Poole's Ben Cook and Zach Cook are the meeting track reserves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So Poole are now possibly tracking 4 riders. I wonder how much racing effort we will see if any of the 2 Cooks ride against King & Lawson & try more against others. ;) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That is 100% categorically untrue and I was good about 10 metres away. 

Craig's dad stormed in and told Wright to f*ck off,  which upset some Redcar fans who had a go at Craig's dad. Team Manager then stormed in effing and blinding at everyone and did receive a barrage back.from the fans. Fault from both sides in my eyes,  some fans did not help the situation I admit. 

At absolutely no point was Cook himself subject to any abuse whatsoever,  and his ambulance was applauded off the track and I will happily go to any court in the land to testify to that. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So Poole are now possibly tracking 4 riders. I wonder how much racing effort we will see if any of the 2 Cooks ride against King & Lawson & try more against others. ;) :rolleyes:

Where else would you expect to get track reserves from other than the hosting track?

• Like 1

Sorry Boz, the ambulance was booed as it came around the first bend towards the tapes, lots of applause also though. First time I’ve ever heard it happen anywhere. Even said to the few standing with me about it, couldn’t believe it happened. I was stood on the little stand between bend 4 and the tapes, and yes I would testify to any court that it happened. 

• Like 1

Apologies I was not massively clear in my post - my remarks were more around abusing Cook but I can see it is not clear at all. Original post made it sound as if the whole stadium was booing. Sadly,  you get a few idiots everywhere but i agree that should definitely not happen. 

Definitely added a bit of spice to a night that had pretty much everything! 

Looking forward to another night of top entertainment down at WINborne Road :t:

So open as to the winner with riders' such as Bomber, Nicholls, Masters & Douglas avin a particular liking for the Poole track.

Of course being a Pirate I will shouting out for King & Lawson with both coming into top form at just the right time.

Tom Brennan could he sneak up quietly & take the honours? I wudn't bet against it.

See yer all down at WINborne Road :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip