British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edmon

Armadale Devils v Belle Vue Colts

Meeting off - rain

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Restaging date?

I presume there will be no firm date until Monarchs cup and play-off runs are exhausted.

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I presume there will be no firm date until Monarchs cup and play-off runs are exhausted.

Cup and play-offs come later.  This has to be fitted in before the league cut-off.

5 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Cup and play-offs come later.  This has to be fitted in before the league cut-off.

It should be, but past experience suggests otherwise.

49 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Any idea when the league cut off actually is? Just looked and the Colts do look at risk without getting that fixture in time.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:55 PM, PotteringAround said:

Very much doubt that would happen. Plymouth vs Glasgow was called off for the play-offs (now rained off) and Leicester vs Berwick (NL) was called off for the KOC. 

I can't see Armadale vs Belle Vue happening till Edinburgh's play-off campaign is over!

Edited by szkocjasid

On 9/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Any idea when the league cut off actually is? Just looked and the Colts do look at risk without getting that fixture in time.

I asked this, and ascertained it is 30 September

I guess the events of this weeks key fixtures at Oxford and Kent will play out then the urgency level will be decided.....does seem daft that after a whole season that the play offs will be held in deep October.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
added a bit

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

I asked this, and ascertained it is 30 September

8 teams in the League and looks like the playoffs will be in October ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I guess the events of this weeks key fixtures at Oxford and Kent will play out then the urgency level will be decided.....does seem daft that after a whole season that the play offs will be held in deep October.

No surprise though!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Normski said:

8 teams in the League and looks like the playoffs will be in October ridiculous.

Lucky that there have been so few rain offs really, imagine a full fixture backlog now and potentially an iffy spell of weather....the cut off should be end of August with play offs in September...simple

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 9:38 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

On 9/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, Normski said:

Happens every single year!

On 9/6/2022 at 2:33 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Lucky that there have been so few rain offs really, imagine a full fixture backlog now and potentially an iffy spell of weather....the cut off should be end of August with play offs in September...simple

That would not be possible, Leicester & Belle Vue wouldn't be racing NL play-off matches till their Championship / Premiership campaigns were completed. I'm not saying it's right but NL always gets pushed to the bottom of the pile!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Happens every single year!

Indeed shambolic accross every league every year. 

Armadale fixture "might" not be so key now after Oxfords ridiculous call off last night. If the Colts can get a win (and even a draw is probably enough) at Kent thats the run in decided. 

A Kent win and they will be keen to re-visit Oxford and hope there is medical cover in place before they make the trip.