British Speedway Forum
chrismorton

British speedway is a joke.

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

More comedy with Lambert being signed by BV as a “ long term injury replacement” for Fricke. Lmao

“long term “ will be tonight and assuming BV win on aggregate ( personally I hope that they are stuffed and Lambert suffers 4 engine failures) plus a couple more meetings . Next season he’ll be in Poland Sweden and maybe SGP. 

Did Lemmon learn his tactics from the boys at Poole??

Bit sick that mate. Give you head a wobble. Get well soon Max. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, PhilTheAce said:

Get rid of the fixed race night, even if we have a few R/Rs or guests (something we are use to. Fans will still come if it’s on there preferred race night. More riders will be available this winter so it won’t impact as much as people think 

Poole could be tempted up then :t:

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

More comedy with Lambert being signed by BV as a “ long term injury replacement” for Fricke. Lmao

“long term “ will be tonight and assuming BV win on aggregate ( personally I hope that they are stuffed and Lambert suffers 4 engine failures) plus a couple more meetings . Next season he’ll be in Poland Sweden and maybe SGP. 

Did Lemmon learn his tactics from the boys at Poole??

very bitter swallow that lump in your throat :rofl: poles are relaxing the rules so Lambert just settling in before he signs next season wit Dan :party::t:

Edited by NSS1
  • Like 1

NSS1 your post is on the correct thread ……the joke thread. :-)Think you have missed out on Bewdley as he has signed terms with Poole as a full asset. 

Bitter ? Long lost any feeling for the sport that used to entertain me. Don’t spend tuppence now on going to see todays rubbish, and even watching the free to air highlights on Quest only serves to remind me what a Mickey Mouse sport we now have. It’s all a joke and subject to ridicule by all my old friends who once went to meetings home and away. 

Bathe in your glorious win tonight ….. the points limit for 2023 will sort you out a new team . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

No they are not part of the league,but they are under the umbrella called the Premiership.All 3 are the Premiership and it stipulates the Premiership can't make changes until that 25%-75% of league matches.

You’re wrong on this one I’m afraid. Louis wanted to give Heeps more time but couldn’t because the League meetings were starting a few days later so had to be quick to stay within the rules and the change was made. My work company sponsors some of the meetings at Foxhall and Louis will always come and chat with us in the bar after those meetings. A colleague brought this up and he was adamant. None of this off the record nudge nudge wink wink stuff, he went through the rule clearly and concisely. 

They really need to do a far better job of writing these rules down to avoid all the uncertainty. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So if Adam Ellis gets injured tonight, we can sign Dan Bewley

No. His average is to high 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

NSS1 your post is on the correct thread ……the joke thread. :-)Think you have missed out on Bewdley as he has signed terms with Poole as a full asset. 

Bitter ? Long lost any feeling for the sport that used to entertain me. Don’t spend tuppence now on going to see todays rubbish, and even watching the free to air highlights on Quest only serves to remind me what a Mickey Mouse sport we now have. It’s all a joke and subject to ridicule by all my old friends who once went to meetings home and away. 

Bathe in your glorious win tonight ….. the points limit for 2023 will sort you out a new team . 

who is this Bewdley any good ??? :rofl:

5 hours ago, ouch said:

Belle Vue haven’t. Please don’t lie. 

1.  Attempted to sign Tai for home meetings only

2.  Attempted to circumvent the Polish rules to sign Dan Bewley

3.  Announced Jake Allen as a temporary signing while they search for a proper no. 1 with no provision in the rules to do so.

4.  Sign Lambert as injury replacement after 28th August deadline by threatening legal action if not allowed to do so.

I really hope they balls it up or it’ll leave a very sour taste in the mouth

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The transfer window should be easy to police. A window opens on November 1st & ,closes no January 1st to allow clubs to sign riders for the up coming season. 

A second window then opens from July 1st to August 1st to allow for team changes.

Unless some form of squad system comes in then injuries are covered as below

Injuries are covered with rider replacement or use of you number 8 if under 28 days.

If an injury is going to keep a rider out for more than 28 days a long term injury replacement can be signed but has to be on a minimum 2 month contract.

The saddest thing for me is the fact that the BSPL are making one desperate last move to show the rest of the speedway world that British speedway can attract the best riders in the world again when we all know the real truth. 

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

So if Adam Ellis gets injured tonight, we can sign Dan Bewley

Of course if either number one gets hurt tonight we can both bring in a replacement now.

18 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

1.  Attempted to sign Tai for home meetings only

2.  Attempted to circumvent the Polish rules to sign Dan Bewley

3.  Announced Jake Allen as a temporary signing while they search for a proper no. 1 with no provision in the rules to do so.

4.  Sign Lambert as injury replacement after 28th August deadline by threatening legal action if not allowed to do so.

I really hope they balls it up or it’ll leave a very sour taste in the mouth

Oops swallow that lump in your throat :rofl:

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Of course if either number one gets hurt tonight we can both bring in a replacement now.

Correct long as within there average :t:

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

No. His average is to high 

under this season's flexible replacement rules, we should be able to get a big enough reduction in his average so he would fit