British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

Scunthorpe vs Leicester 02/09/22

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Well he was at Brum on Wednesday where he outscored Dan, Kemp, Edwards, Bailey in the under 21s

He did very well on Wednesday, much better than I expected... but by my reckoning he's ridden his bike competitively 3 times in the last month

6 hours ago, bigred said:

About time you wrote something positive about the young lads.There all out there riding there nuts off,do you think any rider sets off wanting to score 0.first max now joe who’s next…..

About time you got into reality. Joe is consistently bad, how you can defend that is beyond me. Yes he is consistent in the cubs but it’s a completely different thing. Always the bridesmaid never the bride in the championship.  He has made no progress this year, in fact he has gone backwards. You can deny it to yourself all you like 

2 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

About time you got into reality. Joe is consistently bad, how you can defend that is beyond me. Yes he is consistent in the cubs but it’s a completely different thing. Always the bridesmaid never the bride in the championship.  He has made no progress this year, in fact he has gone backwards. You can deny it to yourself all you like 

You're not wrong. But some of us wish to put our proverbial arm round the lad. Those close to him have said that his head's not in the right place and i guess it can't help being constantly compered to his brother. He is clearly a better rider at Championship level than his current form suggests.

Come on Joe, we know you have it in you.

3 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

A 2022 average of above 5 isn't too bad is it? Put 1 and a half points on his starting average... he'd be knocking on the door of being a heat leader at some clubs!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

You're not wrong. But some of us wish to put our proverbial arm round the lad. Those close to him have said that his head's not in the right place and i guess it can't help being constantly compered to his brother. He is clearly a better rider at Championship level than his current form suggests.

Come on Joe, we know you have it in you.

You can’t compare Joe to Dan, they are miles apart in terms of ability. Unfortunately there always seems to be an endless list of excuses for Joes dire performances.  He doesn’t need an arm round him he needs a kick up the arse. He’s had 1000’s invested into him it’s time he payed that back. How he’s still at Leicester I’ll never know 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

A 2022 average of above 5 isn't too bad is it? Put 1 and a half points on his starting average... he'd be knocking on the door of being a heat leader at some clubs!

His starting average was low for a reason. You’re  definitely clutching at straws, any club with ambition would have binned him off long ago.

Getting back to the actual event, some really good close racing. Congrats to the Lions, never in doubt, but we put up a good fight on the night.

I thought the meeting was a bit flat because there was not a lot to race for, I was surprised there was little mention of the National league rider championship.

4 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

He’s still crap when he’s riding regular 

That's harsh personally think the gap between the championship and NDL is to big riders like the Thompsons Mcgurk's Palin Kelly Bickley  should be protected at reserve until 21 or 22 allowing them to develop no point having riders and crucifying them and them leaving the sport when we already have a rider shortage

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

There's not 1 rider in nl at present who could do any better 

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

That's harsh personally think the gap between the championship and NDL is to big riders like the Thompsons Mcgurk's Palin Kelly Bickley  should be protected at reserve until 21 or 22 allowing them to develop no point having riders and crucifying them and them leaving the sport when we already have a rider shortage

Unfortunately it’s survival of the best, you need to ride against better riders to get better. Too many riders fool themselves into thinking they are good when they stay at that level. Dan Thompson is holding his own in the championship In the main body. Joe can’t score at reserve so again you can’t compare the two. Palin is fine, Bickley has lost his way, can’t see Kelly or the Mcgurks ever making it. You just know when someone has got it 

19 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

What has that got to do with his poor performances. 

U said b4 any club with ambition would have binned him off, I said no1 in nl any better I quoted wrong post

7 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

His starting average was low for a reason. You’re  definitely clutching at straws, any club with ambition would have binned him off long ago.

6 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

56 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Unfortunately it’s survival of the best, you need to ride against better riders to get better. Too many riders fool themselves into thinking they are good when they stay at that level. Dan Thompson is holding his own in the championship In the main body. Joe can’t score at reserve so again you can’t compare the two. Palin is fine, Bickley has lost his way, can’t see Kelly or the Mcgurks ever making it. You just know when someone has got it 

How do you explain the fact that he's put 1.5 points on his average this year if he's so "crap"? Are there many other riders that have improved so much this season?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1