British Speedway Forum
Col

05.09. Aces v Tigers - League "B"

Is this fixture is a victim of the rain I may cry, nearly 3 hours to get to Sandbach service due toM6 bing shut.

53 minutes ago, Col said:

Is this fixture is a victim of the rain I may cry, nearly 3 hours to get to Sandbach service due toM6 bing shut.

should be fine providing they crack on with it. If there is a shower it looks like it’ll be later on tonight 

Yeah, delighted to see the blue skies of Burnage after sporadic rain for most of that crawl north.

They will need to get on with it due to second half action.

7 minutes ago, Odds On said:

is this meeting on Eurosport tonight?

No Peterborough meeting is with a mountain of tyres 

Will be interesting if they show end  of heat 3 on Eurosport, looked like Zagar passed Howarth on the line, Zagar celebrated, Howarth turned around straight away he knew didn’t get it and referee gave it to Howarth. 

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Will be interesting if they show end  of heat 3 on Eurosport, looked like Zagar passed Howarth on the line, Zagar celebrated, Howarth turned around straight away he knew didn’t get it and referee gave it to Howarth. 

They did and I’d say Howarth by a tyre width.

29 minutes ago, Elmo said:

They did and I’d say Howarth by a tyre width.

I reckon it was Zagar, from my screen… they didn’t really dwell on it for long enough and tbh a 24fps camera didn’t quite cut it for how close that was.

Edit: just saw it a second time and I think Howarth got it. But hard to be sure as I can’t pause.

Edited by Noelinho

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

The small contingent of Belle Vues who cheered when Ellis came down should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Scum.

Some idiots at every track including Sheffield 

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Some idiots at every track including Sheffield 

Doesn't justify what happened though does it? You can say it might happen everywhere but today it's happened at your track.

16 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Doesn't justify what happened though does it? You can say it might happen everywhere but today it's happened at your track.

Didn’t say it did justify it did I. 

Talking about supporters why is Sheffield away support always so crap for a track less then hour away. Can count them on fingers and toes yet Belle Vue take at least 150-200 to Sheffield.

16 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Didn’t say it did justify it did I. 

Talking about supporters why is Sheffield away support always so crap for a track less then hour away. Can count them on fingers and toes yet Belle Vue take at least 150-200 to Sheffield.

download (18).jpeg

• Haha 1

Strange meeting, Aces win comfortably but Fricke & Zagar only get one heat win between them.  Zagar did get very close to passing Howarth in heat 4, then was pipped to the line by Holder in heat 9 after passing the Aussie earlier in the heat.

Etheridge v Ellis was a great race but cut a 3/4 of a lap short by Ellis' shedding which caused him to fall.

By the end of the night there was only 1 line to be on, a couple of feet from which caused Howarth to run out of room as Wright & Blodorn got there at the same time.  Bit unlucky to be excluded, guess ref couldn't say all 4 back as the three of them were almost on the back straight.

Blodorn again the pick of the Aces pack. With Kurtz not far behind but for a poor heat 11.

If Klindt didn't register the fastest heat of the year in heat 5 I'd be surprised was super fast.

Howarth was decent, Holder improved after a poor first ride. Ellis doesn't look right, Mountain had a decent battle for a point in heat 14 and was on the pace.

Posted between heat 14 & 15.