British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup Semi-final,1st leg Sat.10/09/22

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Because our Queen has died and as a nation we are showing respect? 

Was she planning to attend then? I didn't know her, and sad as it is life goes on. My dad died in June but I didn't expect everything to stop, and nobody tell me it's more important than that because it isn't.

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rescheduled for Sat 17th

But that could be the day of the funeral so I'd take that as provisional for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

This is ridiculous. Why does everything have to stop? 

Thought you would be happy, gives Howarth more time to be fit 

Just now, Arthur54 said:

Thought you would be happy, gives Howarth more time to be fit 

Thems the breaks. I just want to go out and enjoy my Saturday night. 

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Was she planning to attend then? I didn't know her, and sad as it is life goes on. My dad died in June but I didn't expect everything to stop, and nobody tell me it's more important than that because it isn't.

Yes life does go on after a period of mourning. Sorry for your loss. But the Queen is the Queen and deserves the time of reflect for her unwavering duty and service to this nation. She is not an actor, or politician. For 70 years she was monarch and postponing a few speedway meetings and sporting events is something most can put up with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes life does go on after a period of mourning. Sorry for your loss. But the Queen is the Queen and deserves the time of reflect for her unwavering duty and service to this nation. She is not an actor, or politician. For 70 years she was monarch and postponing a few speedway meetings and sporting events is something most can put up with.

Not everyone thinks the queen was that important. I'm a youngster and think it's a compete waste of time having a queen in the first place. Il pay my respects but stopping me having fun on my Saturday is abit annoying. I can guarantee most  people won't be mourning over the loss of the queen and just simply want to carry on with there lives. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

Not everyone thinks the queen was that important. I'm a youngster and think it's a compete waste of time having a queen in the first place. Il pay my respects but stopping me having fun on my Saturday is abit annoying. I can guarantee most  people won't be mourning over the loss of the queen and just simply want to carry on with there lives. 

No. That is not the case. You might feel that but the majority of citizens are very saddened by the loss of our Queen who has been there all our lives.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

If you think that then you definitely need to educate yourself! Now let the country carry on with their 10 days of mourning. 

• Like 3

No. That is not the case. You might feel that but the majority of citizens are very saddened by the loss of our Queen who has been there all our lives.

Do you have a poll showing that majority who want everything to grind to a halt? I mean should I go into work tomorrow if we're meant to be mourning? Like anybody I didn't know and has lived a long time in the public eye, it's sad, but she was 96, she had a good life and I can understand the day of her funeral being a public holiday perhaps but the rest is just overkill. We're already struggling for dates for finishing the season, why make it even harder?

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Do you have a poll showing that majority who want everything to grind to a halt? I mean should I go into work tomorrow if we're meant to be mourning? Like anybody I didn't know and has lived a long time in the public eye, it's sad, but she was 96, she had a good life and I can understand the day of her funeral being a public holiday perhaps but the rest is just overkill. We're already struggling for dates for finishing the season, why make it even harder?

Dear bloody lord! Someone has died and you worried about the speedway season! Get some perspective FFS! 

• Like 2

The lack of respect to our Monarch from some Leicester fans is shameful to be honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you think that then you definitely need to educate yourself! Now let the country carry on with their 10 days of mourning. 

I wish I'd known about this 10 days of mourning thing when my dad died, I could've done with that and got the country to mourn him too apparently. That's the absurdity of the situation.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Dear bloody lord! Someone has died and you worried about the speedway season! Get some perspective FFS! 

Yeah, because I didn't know her, in the same way you didn't stop talking speedway in June when my dad died did you? What am I supposed to be worried about on a speedway forum?

Let's all cry tonight and and to be pretend to be sad tommorow. Your choice if you want to wake up sad and grumpy but I'm gunna carry on as normal . Everyone has suddenly turned into a royalist ! 

The lack of respect to our Monarch from some Leicester fans is shameful to be honest.

She gets the same level of respect as anybody, I am sad she's died, the same way I was sad when Bernard Cribbins died for example, but I can't change it, and if anything it should show how finite the time we have is and that life is for living. 

Just now, 40-38 said:

She gets the same level of respect as anybody, I am sad she's died, the same way I was sad when Bernard Cribbins died for example, but I can't change it, and if anything it should show how finite the time we have is and that life is for living. 

Perhaps you and Fishergate can go out to the pub on Saturday and chat about how you would have easily beaten Poole. And that the Queen has ruined your speedway night  by dying.