British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup Semi-final,1st leg Sat.10/09/22

Can't be many speedway fans amongst the thousands congregating at Buckingham Palace or Balmoral or any of the other Royal residences then! 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps you and Fishergate can go out to the pub on Saturday and chat about how you would have easily beaten Poole. And that the Queen has ruined your speedway night  by dying.

Well given the reaction on here perhaps the pubs should shut too and we can just stare into space for 10 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Can't be many speedway fans amongst the thousands congregating at Buckingham Palace or Balmoral or any of the other Royal residences then! 

Given attendances at most tracks as a parameter you'd have a hard time spotting them!

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps you and Fishergate can go out to the pub on Saturday and chat about how you would have easily beaten Poole. And that the Queen has ruined your speedway night  by dying.

Oh dear somebody is abit upset . 

37 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

This is ridiculous. Why does everything have to stop? 

What a sad individual

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because our Queen has died and as a nation we are showing respect? 

35 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I know she's the queen but cmon doesn't mean we can't enjoy our lives still? 

Tell that to the millions that will mourn her loss

34 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Was she planning to attend then? I didn't know her, and sad as it is life goes on. My dad died in June but I didn't expect everything to stop, and nobody tell me it's more important than that because it isn't.

To$$er

30 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Thems the breaks. I just want to go out and enjoy my Saturday night. 

21 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Not everyone thinks the queen was that important. I'm a youngster and think it's a compete waste of time having a queen in the first place. Il pay my respects but stopping me having fun on my Saturday is abit annoying. I can guarantee most  people won't be mourning over the loss of the queen and just simply want to carry on with there lives. 

15 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Do you have a poll showing that majority who want everything to grind to a halt? I mean should I go into work tomorrow if we're meant to be mourning? Like anybody I didn't know and has lived a long time in the public eye, it's sad, but she was 96, she had a good life and I can understand the day of her funeral being a public holiday perhaps but the rest is just overkill. We're already struggling for dates for finishing the season, why make it even harder?

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The lack of respect to our Monarch from some Leicester fans is shameful to be honest.

:t: :sad:

9 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Let's all cry tonight and and to be pretend to be sad tommorow. Your choice if you want to wake up sad and grumpy but I'm gunna carry on as normal . Everyone has suddenly turned into a royalist ! 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:cheers::cheers::o SAD BAST3rd$

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, IronScorpion said:

What a sad individual

To$$er

Oh no have we upset you? Opinions are like arse holes. Everyone's got one. If you don't like it then whatever . We're all speedway fans at the end of the day. Thats one thing we've got in common and can agree on. Let's not fall out boys and girls 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

What a sad individual

To$$er

Well good for you or something. You could have made the same inane point without the terrible post though.

• Like 3

Can you all take your comments about the sad death of Queen Elizabeth II to this thread:

Please do not contaminate this thread with your bickering, and leave this thread to the Leicester vs Poole match for whenever it takes place.

Thanks

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

Perhaps it's because the Lions have only ridden in 6 home meetings since the beginning of June that upsets everyone.  6 home meetings out of the last 15 Saturdays is pathetic.  Lovely summer and hardly any Championship Speedway. Who wants to travel sit (or stand ) and watch Speedway on cold , dark and damp evenings .

Edited by Fullmax
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Perhaps it's because the Lions have only ridden in 6 home meetings since the beginning of June that upsets everyone.  6 home meetings out of the last 15 Saturdays is pathetic.  Lovely summer and hardly any Championship Speedway. Who wants to travel sit (or stand ) and watch Speedway on cold , dark and damp evenings .

I do,at least it will be more comfortable...!!

3 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Have you asked yourself why we have had so few summer meetings?  Could it possibly be that our promotion fulfilled their obligations to the league and cup campaigns and got the meetings completed in good time, and are now forced to wait for the other teams to play catch up, or for the boss of the B.S.P.L. to sit on the fence for months so that he could stretch (needlessly) his season out so that we could then progress?  I guess that a few Saturday's were "earmarked" to cover rain offs which, if my memory serves me correctly, only happened once so far this season. Don't forget we have also had the Cubs to support who have right royally entertained us!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Have you asked yourself why we have had so few summer meetings?  Could it possibly be that our promotion fulfilled their obligations to the league and cup campaigns and got the meetings completed in good time, and are now forced to wait for the other teams to play catch up, or for the boss of the B.S.P.L. to sit on the fence for months so that he could stretch (needlessly) his season out so that we could then progress?  I guess that a few Saturday's were "earmarked" to cover rain offs which, if my memory serves me correctly, only happened once so far this season. Don't forget we have also had the Cubs to support who have right royally entertained us!

It just the usual fixture shambles.

• Like 1

Gives Kyle Howarth more time for his aches and bruises to heal and get fit again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robbee said:

Anybody know if season tickets are valid for this meeting on sat night 17th sep ??

Heard it isn't valid