British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Panthers v Witches 5th September

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

If all the agreements were in place for the Panthers to be running in 2023 wouldn't they have announced something during the meeting live on Monday,

Its looking at this stage that not all the agreements are totally in place yet

Eurosport also seemed to be avoiding any references to the possible future of the club .

And the absence of any trailing of the BV fixture as "the last ever" suggests that an agreement remains likely. (How likely is something those closer to the club are better placed than me to judge).

21 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

IMO,  When 2 teams deserve a draw, like last night, then a draw it should be

Only top heavy teams, their fans and casuals will enjoy superheats. I would’ve felt cheated if I was a Panthers fan last night

They weren't complaining when they won the superheat at home to Sheffield. When they brought in the superheat I always thought it would favour the home team. There have been 3 superheats now and this is the first time the away team has won it. Don't know why they changed it as the away team got 2 points for a draw compared to 1 for the home side.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

IMO,  When 2 teams deserve a draw, like last night, then a draw it should be

Only top heavy teams, their fans and casuals will enjoy superheats. I would’ve felt cheated if I was a Panthers fan last night

Why would Panthers fans feel “cheated”? They lost absolutely nothing. Under the old scoring system they would have got 1 point for a home draw, they still got their 1 point for the draw. They were just given an extra opportunity to pick up a couple more which they didn’t take! So they weren’t cheated as you put it, in any way shape or form. If anything they should be grateful they were given another opportunity to grab another two points!!

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And the absence of any trailing of the BV fixture as "the last ever" suggests that an agreement remains likely. (How likely is something those closer to the club are better placed than me to judge).

It may indicate an agreement is still in the discussion stages , but im sure they wouldn't want the last meeting to be another thrashing by BV again ,

If its the last season then another meeting would surely be arranged to go out on 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If all the agreements were in place for the Panthers to be running in 2023 wouldn't they have announced something during the meeting live on Monday,

Its looking at this stage that not all the agreements are totally in place yet

Eurosport also seemed to be avoiding any references to the possible future of the club .

There were mentions of looking ahead to next year in interviews with Rob Lyon 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

It may indicate an agreement is still in the discussion stages , but im sure they wouldn't want the last meeting to be another thrashing by BV again ,

If its the last season then another meeting would surely be arranged to go out on 

It's not the last meeting. Michael Tomalin is all over socials saying they'll be at tapes in march, he also has his business on the showground tbf 

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Why would Panthers fans feel “cheated”? They lost absolutely nothing. Under the old scoring system they would have got 1 point for a home draw, they still got their 1 point for the draw. They were just given an extra opportunity to pick up a couple more which they didn’t take! So they weren’t cheated as you put it, in any way shape or form. If anything they should be grateful they were given another opportunity to grab another two points!!

Should be grateful we were given the opportunity dont make me laugh, Ipswich would be no where without Doyle, only tungate and summers that backed him Monday night the rest were rubbish

The result means nothing to me or I would imagine to most Panthers fans, just glad to see a meeting where  we gave it a go. Panthers guests performed better than expected and Ipswich needed a tactical to draw the main meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

Should be grateful we were given the opportunity dont make me laugh, Ipswich would be no where without Doyle, only tungate and summers that backed him Monday night the rest were rubbish

Stop spouting nonsensical b0llocks. Doyle is part of the Ipswich septet, they didn’t borrow him for the evening so they didn’t have to be “anywhere without him”. You’re a spikey salty lot some of you Panthers fans. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Stop spouting nonsensical b0llocks. Doyle is part of the Ipswich septet, they didn’t borrow him for the evening so they didn’t have to be “anywhere without him”. You’re a spikey salty lot some of you Panthers fans. 

You started spouting utter rubbish saying we should be grateful and all that, you must have some salt to hand aswell clearly…. I must of learnt from the very best, you Ipswich fans are some of the worst, whenever I’ve been too foxhall they are always hurling abuse! Probably the amount of times you’ve lost too the panthers I guess 

Fantastic Doyle, 4 wins in a row