British Speedway Forum
Yearbyred

Edinburgh v Redcar Play offs

The second meeting between these 2 in the last few weeks (if the weather holds).

Edinburgh press release says that Erik Riss makes his return but then just read on Eriks FB page that he just discovered he tore his ACL and needs to get that fixed so I assume its a guest (not many choices) and possible R/R for Jason Edwards. 

Not ideal for the Bears.

Edited by Yearbyred

TAKING ON THE BEARS AGAIN

NEWS Wednesday 14th September 2022, 9:43pm

by Mike Hunter

The Championship Playoffs have been delayed a week like all sports events, but coming up this Friday and Saturday will be the quarter final tie between the WTF Monarchs and Redcar Bears.

Redcar won the KO Cup semi-final between the teams so it's obvious the Monarchs need to step things up. That will be their aim on Friday as they look to build a substantially better lead that they managed in the cup tie (they could only manage a 4 point margin).

The initial expectation was that Erik Riss would be fit to return from injury but unfortunately in the end he still has problems with his injury. His guest replacement on Friday will be Aaron Summers. A good turnout of away supporters can be expected in both legs and it has the makings of a memorable couple of meetings.

Jason Edwards could miss the tie with a shoulder injury, in which case rider replacement applies. Otherwise it will be two full strength sides lining up.

Monarchs team manager on Friday will be Alex Harkess who says "The job on Friday is for everyone to produce their best form, and if they do that I think we will be perfectly OK. I can't guarantee it will happen!

"We certainly have an incentive because if we are knocked out this weekend, then tonight could be the last Monarchs' match at Armadale, a stadium which has meant so much to all of us over the years. We've had so many great nights here and landed a great deal of silverware. We definitely want to keep it going as long as we can!"

The British Speedway Network will make their fourth visit of the season as they are streaming all the Championship Playoff matches.

Streaming Details on www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk or via the BSN section of the SGB website.

FRIDAY'S MATCH:

Friday 16th September: Edinburgh Monarchs v Redcar Bears (Championship Playoff first leg), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Sam Masters (captain), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, James Sarjeant, Jacob Hook.

AGILIA BEARS: Aaron Summers (guest), Jason Edwards, Charles Wright, Jordan Jenkins, Lewis Kerr (captain) Kyle Newman, Kasper Andersen.

Saturday 17th September: Redcar Bears v Edinburgh Monarchs (Championship Playoff second leg), Ecco Arena, 5pm

8 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

The second meeting between these 2 in the last few weeks (if the weather holds).

Edinburgh press release says that Erik Riss makes his return but then just read on Eriks FB page that he just discovered he tore his ACL and needs to get that fixed so I assume its a guest (not many choices) and possible R/R for Jason Edwards. 

Not ideal for the Bears.

Probably balance itself out for the bears imo only if Edwards is missing as I think over the 2 legs R/R will more than likely score more than what he would. 

Hopefully we can build a bigger lead than the previous time as we made a bit of a mess of the home leg last time out. Sam had basically had a 2 week rest so he should be in much better this time out which is a great help. 

Just now, Bear_Bottom said:

by Mike Hunter

The Championship Playoffs have been delayed a week like all sports events, but coming up this Friday and Saturday will be the quarter final tie between the WTF Monarchs and Redcar Bears.

Redcar won the KO Cup semi-final between the teams so it's obvious the Monarchs need to step things up. That will be their aim on Friday as they look to build a substantially better lead that they managed in the cup tie (they could only manage a 4 point margin).

The initial expectation was that Erik Riss would be fit to return from injury but unfortunately in the end he still has problems with his injury. His guest replacement on Friday will be Aaron Summers. A good turnout of away supporters can be expected in both legs and it has the makings of a memorable couple of meetings.

Jason Edwards could miss the tie with a shoulder injury, in which case rider replacement applies. Otherwise it will be two full strength sides lining up.

Monarchs team manager on Friday will be Alex Harkess who says "The job on Friday is for everyone to produce their best form, and if they do that I think we will be perfectly OK. I can't guarantee it will happen!

"We certainly have an incentive because if we are knocked out this weekend, then tonight could be the last Monarchs' match at Armadale, a stadium which has meant so much to all of us over the years. We've had so many great nights here and landed a great deal of silverware. We definitely want to keep it going as long as we can!"

The British Speedway Network will make their fourth visit of the season as they are streaming all the Championship Playoff matches.

Streaming Details on www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk or via the BSN section of the SGB website.

FRIDAY'S MATCH:

Friday 16th September: Edinburgh Monarchs v Redcar Bears (Championship Playoff first leg), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Sam Masters (captain), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, James Sarjeant, Jacob Hook.

AGILIA BEARS: Aaron Summers (guest), Jason Edwards, Charles Wright, Jordan Jenkins, Lewis Kerr (captain) Kyle Newman, Kasper Andersen.

Saturday 17th September: Redcar Bears v Edinburgh Monarchs (Championship Playoff second leg), Ecco Arena, 5pm

Think this was made before Riss announced on his Facebook page he wasn’t fit.

FB 1 day

Been back on the bike twice in the last 7days to see how the leg feels.
The foot felt fine on the bike and didn’t cause too
many issues. Although, I had major pain in my knee when I was on the bike so I flew back to Germany to get an MRI on the knee and it turns out I have torn my ACL in the crash where I broke my fibula.
I am now in the process of getting that fixed as well.

9 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

by Mike Hunter

FRIDAY'S MATCH:

I must be getting confused.

I thought someone said you can only guest for one team in the playoffs?

Didn't Aaron race for Plymouth last night.

2 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Was just about to ask that same question! 

12 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

It's one team in a tie. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, Yearbyred said:

There will be absolutely no weather problems tonight.

Sunny Armadale will live up to its name. Scorching rays from the late afternoon skies will see a picturesque scene and stadium temperatures of minus 26.

Ah, the joys of a Friday evening in West Lothian's plushest venue :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Edwards still out so R/R confirmed on Redcar press release.

Need Spud to have a decent to keep it close I think.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Any idea how long he may b out for?

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Having R/R for Edwards balances out summers in for Riss. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Having R/R for Edwards balances out summers in for Riss. 

I think you are correct - I would expect more points from r/r than jason may get, but you never know. Likewise Spud shouldn't have the scoring power of Erik, but again you never know 15 points would be a good return from number 1 slot :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, northyorksbear said:

I think you are correct - I would expect more points from r/r than jason may get, but you never know. Likewise Spud shouldn't have the scoring power of Erik, but again you never know 15 points would be a good return from number 1 slot :rolleyes:

Fifteen points?  From five races?  Spud's a really good rider, but he'll be up against Masters and Pickering three times each.  You'll get good odds on a fifteen-pointer at Armadale on these terms!

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Fifteen points?  From five races?  Spud's a really good rider, but he'll be up against Masters and Pickering three times each.  You'll get good odds on a fifteen-pointer at Armadale on these terms!

That reminds me, Gone fishing is on at 9pm tonight.

Hopefully they are as successful as NYB!

• Haha 2