British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

19 hours ago, Flappy said:

Could Bjarne bring Vaculik back to Britain?

I hope so.

1 hour ago, cambpanther said:

Zagar said on eurosport this season that buster has wrecked the track in recent years

I remeber him saying on telly that there is too much clay in the material now and it was better before it was changed. Buster is obviously using the same stuff as at Lynn which is great for stocks but not for bikes.

The biggest thrill of speedway is a dam good close race with a few good passes to get the blood pumping we love it.Its why we go to the speedway its why people come back time and again its why a newby will come back again.

So, what do a lot of promoters do cut corners on the most important thing in speedway the track. They buy crap cheaper shale some don't seem to maintain the track as well as they should and then the racing suffers, and they then wonder why the crowds are down. It's sad to see a once thriving sport keep shooting itself in the foot.

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

You can't beat a proper shale surface...:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No chance of Zagar considering how much he's let his feelings knows about the track on Eurosport, Also he's very expensive for what he offers outside of the NSS. 

Think Flappy could be onto something with Vaculik as Bjarne could encourage him to join, If we don't get him then I think we'll be looking at big hitting Danes who don't ride in Sweden like Anders Thomsen for example.

1 hour ago, Redpanther said:

That’s from 2009 tho, by that logic Hans would be flying but as it is he was awful this season 

Quite, but it was a good opportunity to post a classic race from a memorable night!

• Like 4

The biggest issue here is going to be we ensure we get a couple of proper heat leaders at 1 & 5.  They don't come cheap either 

Thought there would of been a mention on the website or twitter for Gavin Hedge who has sadly died aged 51,  he rode in 6 matches for the then named Panthers 1998 Premier League side that won the Second Division title , although he was no superstar he stepped up from the Thundercats junior side to cover an injury and didnt let the team down achieving around a 3.5 average from his 6 matches .

Edited by scoobydoo

On 10/6/2022 at 11:19 AM, Flappy said:

Craig 

I'd rather not goes missing far to often these days 

Edited by mc131

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Thought there would of been a mention on the website or twitter for Gavin Hedge who has sadly died aged 51,  he rode in 6 matches for the then named Panthers 1998 Premier League side that won the Second Division title , although he was no superstar he stepped up from the Thundercats junior side to cover an injury and didnt let the team down achieving around a 3.5 average from his 6 matches .

Yes, I saw Peter Oakes tweeted the news but not sure how/cause. I had a couple of really good races with him at Lynn I remember, sad to hear. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

If Harris is off to Leicester. I am assuming Andersen will not be back.  Is Basso the only 2022 Panther likely to return?