British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Anyone going to the end of season party tonight ? I’m sure the club won’t give much away but I’d like to know for sure if we are going premiership again or not 

30 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Anyone going to the end of season party tonight ? I’m sure the club won’t give much away but I’d like to know for sure if we are going premiership again or not 

We are 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

What’s this press release that is going to make the Peterborough fans happy then if you’re now questioning which league the club will be in?

49 minutes ago, Sully said:

What’s this press release that is going to make the Peterborough fans happy then if you’re now questioning which league the club will be in?

I don’t know ? I have been informed by someone involved in the club that there will be a press realise shortly and the fans will definitely be excited. Upon further questions they kept their lips sealed and would not expand on anything so I guess we will wait and see. I actually asked if we would be racing  prem again next year and was told no comment. However people on here and mr city auction group have confirmed they are racing prem 

Panthers need a couple of top riders to build around. Mpt and Basso Ideal depth guys 

On 10/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, wealdstone said:

End of season awards  on the morrow, Inevitable that Chris Harris wins!! Very pissed off if he does not show up.

Harris attended but Basso won the award.

Only Harris and Oyster card in attendance. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Poor that. 

A bit ironic isn't it? 

A Speedway event without many guests......:D

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Bombsaway said:

Harris attended but Basso won the award.

Only Harris and Oyster card in attendance. 

Wow. That’s very poor. All definitely wasn’t well in the Peterborough camp then. 

fingers crossed you get a team that want to ride for Peterborough next season. 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

A bit ironic isn't it? 

A Speedway event without many guests......:D

Thanks Mike for making me laugh out loud this morning :-)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Wow. That’s very poor. All definitely wasn’t well in the Peterborough camp then. 

Believe there were genuine reasons for  mo st absentees. A well supported evening in  general, and once again great effort by supporters club for organisation and catering

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Do you know anyone who'd be willing to ride for us lol?

Even our current riders want out apparently.

Perhaps the devolpment of the showground will now be put on hold further due to the uncertainty of high interest rates and the expected UK recession and the cost of living crisis, it was reported on the main news recently that theres been a record number of businesses closing down , with the development being for so many properties  across the showground land, they maybe edging there bets before pressing ahead in all areas as everything that happens affects someone some how. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Perhaps the devolpment of the showground will now be put on hold further due to the uncertainty of high interest rates and the expected UK recession and the cost of living crisis, it was reported on the main news recently that theres been a record number of businesses closing down , with the development being for so many properties  across the showground land, they maybe edging there bets before pressing ahead in all areas as everything that happens affects someone some how. 

That is highly possible and something that didn't even cross my mind. Trying to sell a house now must be hard work now. Let's hope they see sense and let Peterborough have the land . Wouldn't it be wonderful to have speedway win for once