British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

3 minutes ago, Carpman said:

Just maybe they aren't able to say anything until all the formal stuff is sorted.  As I said before my guess would be 1/12/22.

That  is what they would claim

50 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its strange that the two who seem to think Holder's bound for Ipswich haven't posted the same info on the Ipswich thread only the Peterborough one?

For what it’s worth, I’ve also heard Chris Holder is on his way to Peterborough. Until he puts pen to paper though (maybe he already has) things can always change. 

7 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

How much longer have P'boro got at the Alwalton Showground?  Read that they are OK for 2023.

Answered your own question. 2023 then its goodbye the way things stand atm

18 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

Answered your own question. 2023 then its goodbye the way things stand atm

At the end of season party there was a strong hint that more time may well be available at EoEA 

This is unlikely to be the last season at the showground from what I gather but they will need to move at some point 

27 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This is unlikely to be the last season at the showground from what I gather but they will need to move at some point 

I agree, but nobody would invest in buying a team with only perhaps a 2 year future

Do Peterborough have any assets left now that Ulrich has retired , can only think they may pethaps have some younger riders , is it still not a requirement for clubs to have any form of an asset base

Edited by scoobydoo

I didn't say Holder was going to Ipswich,I just said he wasn't a Peterborough rider yet, and he still isn't,but he could end up there, I don't think he has even spoken with Louis at Ipswich

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

The construction industry could be hard hit in 2023 again they tend to suffer from the recession big time , had previous experience of this myself in my building days ,so delays very similar to Edinburgh's situation as always going to be possible

37 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

I didn't say Holder was going to Ipswich,I just said he wasn't a Peterborough rider yet, and he still isn't,but he could end up there, I don't think he has even spoken with Louis at Ipswich

We did sign holder but his permit wasn’t being processed and we signed crump instead and as soon as that deal was in place the work permit for holder turned up !!!!!

40 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Which is strange,, as he is what Ipswich need