British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Which league is he dropping to come back to the UK?

At the moment he wouldn't have to as he has not signed in Sweden or Denmark, just Poland (Lodz). However I expect  he will be back at Esbjerg as their current squad is incomplete.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Fingers crossed he is at Poole in the Champ then eh @STEVEHOLS54 ;)

Would be great news if also with Poole.

Makes it worthwhile financially to do both Leagues plus POL with Gdansk Sundays. Or even Saturdays when odd meetings.

Most importantly is he would be riding Mon PL - Tue (a few times when Poole at Plymouth) - Wed Poole or when at OXF/Brum - Thur Prem - Fri at Northern Champ tracks plus the odd Sat Champ meeting. Gets plenty of experience and also a chance to race regular against top Prem riders.

Let's hope it happens ;)

• Like 1

I just see on twitter that Scott Nicholls is riding for Oxford only this year (no premiership club). I guess partly because of his tv work. So that eliminates one rider from the 2023 Panthers line up puzzle.

Hopefully no Schlein or Andersen in the team either.

No disrespect to the three riders because they've all been great for British Speedway and two of them will forever be club legends at Peterborough but we desperately need new blood in the side like @Flappy has been saying.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TTT said:

Hopefully no Schlein or Andersen in the team either.

No disrespect to the three riders because they've all been great for British Speedway and two of them will forever be club legends at Peterborough but we desperately need new blood in the side like @Flappy has been saying.

Schlein is at Wolves. Andersen no idea 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Irving said:

Tungate has signed. 

I hope so.

He's the rider I really want in the side. He's a No.5 around Peterborough on a bad day and a No.1 on a good day.

19 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Tungate has signed. 

Would happily take Tungate he's mustard around Peterborough

NKI 

Basso 

Tungate

Chris Holder 

Ben Cook

Jenkins 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TTT said:

I hope so.

He's the rider I really want in the side. He's a No.5 around Peterborough on a bad day and a No.1 on a good day.

Looking forward to seeing him fall off at Monmore again, he’s known as Mr Tippy Tumble in our neck of the woods

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Looking forward to seeing him fall off at Monmore again, he’s known as Mr Tippy Tumble in our neck of the woods

Yes the little throttle knob jockey 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Seem to remember the poor guy nearly lost his Crown Jewels in an altrication with the fence at Glasgow.

No Iversen  no Tungate

Tbf barely any modern-day rider can stand Monmore Green which is why CVS has no choice but to sign the same old faces every year considering nobody else wants to ride the place every week.

As long as Tungate does what he does around Peterborough then everything's cushty as Del Boy would say.

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tbf barely any modern-day rider can stand Monmore Green which is why CVS has no choice but to sign the same old faces every year considering nobody else wants to ride the place every week.

As long as Tungate does what he does around Peterborough then everything's cushty as Del Boy would say.

Some see it as a challenge and love riding there, there’s loads of different lines these days, Bewley seems to have mastered the outside line which never used to exist.

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

Would happily take Tungate he's mustard around Peterborough

NKI 

Basso 

Tungate

Chris Holder 

Ben Cook

Jenkins 

Shamek Pawlicki 6.75 sized hole....even Kildemand or MJJ.

Otherwise they're is no one else realistically to fill that gap without wasting points.

So I'm not 100% sold the apparent 'bankers' are correct