British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

28 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Hope so, same person also said that we have had talks with magic. 

Now that really would be Magic.

Pretty sure NKI will be the captain.

Experienced team man who's worked with Rob Lyon in the past for a few years, NKI also knows the club well and everything. 

Magic held talks with Peterborough but that’s as far as it went. Same with dudek at Leicester. Talks start. Monies talked about both part ways. 

Same with Emil at Ipswich. 

riders will come Uk, but it’s the monies that stop it. Which shows the league and tracks ain’t that bad. Just the money involved isn’t good enough 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Magic held talks with Peterborough but that’s as far as it went. Same with dudek at Leicester. Talks start. Monies talked about both part ways. 

riders will come Uk, but it’s the monies that stop it. Which shows the league and tracks ain’t that bad. Just the money involved isn’t good enough 

This money talks hence it's very prudent of Rob Lyon and Panthers doing a deal with the Ford's for the use of their assets.

Or the case of NKI a panthers asset that ended up elsewhere 

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Not surprised considering how much engine room riders from abroad cost these days.

Makes sense why us and Ipswich are fighting over Richie Worrall now.

5 hours ago, proud panther said:

Heard a rumour last night that Holder is at Panthers & will be captain. 

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Is he? 

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

We will see, was also told Ipswich offered more money. 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

I'm jesting he is at Peterborough 

If I was Guy I'd be disappointed if Holder chose Boro over Ipswich given he was a big backer during his GP days. You would think that may hold some sway over his decision.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If I was Guy I'd be disappointed if Holder chose Boro over Ipswich given he was a big backer during his GP days. You would think that may hold some sway over his decision.....

Good point tbh.

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He originally was sponsored by a guy in Whittlesey before anybody had ever heard of him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hans fan said:

He originally was sponsored by a guy in Whittlesey before anybody had ever heard of him 

Rob Warren & Andy Miller both backed him heavily when he first came over.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hans fan said:

yeah picked him up from there once when i took him to Somerset to guest for Kings Lynn, actually pulled over so he could chat to Jason Crump as he had got him his first deal in Poland

15 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I think it is good enough but they get paid too much in Poland. Doyle and Bewley seem OK with it. ;)

Think the bottom line is most of the top riders see the UK as an inconvenience and would only ride here if someone offered daft money by our standards. Doyle has been happy and settled here for years. I’d wager though that although he’s no doubt on a good deal, if the same deal was offered to the other GP riders very few if any would be tempted. 

39 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think it is good enough but they get paid too much in Poland. Doyle and Bewley seem OK with it. ;)

Just out of interest, can anyone say how the cost of living compares between the UK and Poland and could that influence where riders base themselves?

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think the bottom line is most of the top riders see the UK as an inconvenience and would only ride here if someone offered daft money by our standards. Doyle has been happy and settled here for years. I’d wager though that although he’s no doubt on a good deal, if the same deal was offered to the other GP riders very few if any would be tempted. 

I'm still of the opinion riders doing the GPseries/World Championship should be detached from league racing and the competition held over say 24 rounds with investment brought in from major sponsors.

The GPs killed British Speedway - ask Eastbourne or Arena fans.

18 hours ago, TTT said:

Pretty sure NKI will be the captain.

Experienced team man who's worked with Rob Lyon in the past for a few years, NKI also knows the club well and everything. 

I wanted NKI at Lynn booooooo