British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

If Panthers going to be under the points limit with Andersen I think the club might as well roll the dice and take a gamble on a new young rider from Europe least it’s building a team with the future in mind - Hans sadly is a spent force a shadow of his former self .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

If Panthers going to be under the points limit with Andersen I think the club might as well roll the dice and take a gamble on a new young rider from Europe least it’s building a team with the future in mind - Hans sadly is a spent force a shadow of his former self .

Absolutely, rather give a young lad a go with some fire in the belly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

What future?

• Like 1

Club will have some explaining to do if we end up with the inevitable. 

The 1-7 hype train in full effect, Trying to get people to part with good money during a cost of living crisis, Fans kept in the dark all winter with a lack of info etc.

I could honestly see fans supporting King's Lynn or Ipswich instead starting from next season tbh considering Peterborough won't have a future after the 2023 season if the club doesn't have a new owner with new land.

The die hard Speedway fans will still want to see their regular fix of racing live each week and KL/Ipswich are the closest tracks to us for them to visit.

• Sad 1

If the club insist of being loyal to Hans again then Ben Cook has to released for Troy Batchelor.

Yes it's harsh on Ben but you simply cannot go almost 2.5 under the limit and expect to compete at this level with anyone.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

The 1-7 hype train in full effect, Trying to get people to part with good money during a cost of living crisis, Fans kept in the dark all winter with a lack of info etc.

I could honestly see fans supporting King's Lynn or Ipswich instead starting from next season tbh considering Peterborough won't have a future after the 2023 season if the club doesn't have a new owner with new land.

The die hard Speedway fans will still want to see their regular fix of racing live each week and KL/Ipswich are the closest tracks to us for them to visit.

Panthers are likely to be at the showground for at least one more year after this but they're awaiting it in writing from the relevant authorities. I think this is part of the ownership hold up 

• Like 1

I remember back in the early 90's when Peter Oakes and James Easter took over the club , and there was a fans forum at the club and nobody really knew what the team was going to be and throughout the evening each rider was announced one by one with nobody really knowing the team that we had ... Maybe the club are rolling back the years and doing the same , that would be awesome !!

I see Hawkins has let the fans know that Ipswich won't be making any announcements for a few weeks, That tells me they're still trying for Emil.

Also tells us they've got no interest in signing Worrall unless it's out of desperation at the eleventh hour, It's a case of we'll settle for him if we cant get anyone else.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

100% out of the question for me - and I live half way between Saddlebow and the Eoes but it’s Panthers since 1970 or NONE for me as can’t stand the place.   Ipswich too far and awful track so that’s another definite no.   Other people may think differently as you suggest but thought I’d give my view.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TTT said:

I see Hawkins has let the fans know that Ipswich won't be making any announcements for a few weeks, That tells me they're still trying for Emil.

Also tells us they've got no interest in signing Worrall unless it's out of desperation at the eleventh hour, It's a case of we'll settle for him if we cant get anyone else.

Anybody who signs worrall on that average is desperate …Jesus kings lynn haven’t even resigned him which says it all

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Anybody who signs worrall on that average is desperate …Jesus kings lynn haven’t even resigned him which says it all

When you look at the Kings Lynn 2023 thread from page one, not one of their fans had Worrall on their team wish list for this season either. That’s also telling..

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

When you look at the Kings Lynn 2023 thread from page one, not one of their fans had Worrall on their team wish list for this season either. That’s also telling..

Yeah shows how popular he is.