British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

14 minutes ago, Sully said:

Makes you wonder why he was using the same engine for two completely different tracks…..

Some riders do,,, Danny King for example,,, some riders don't have a big track or small track engine,, but often have an engine set up more for slick or grippy tracks,,, but like I have just said,, some riders use the same engine everywhere,,, just alter gearing and jetting and wheel base

Edited by Baldyman

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I really don't think that's true, surely the majority of folk who attend the six other Prem tracks want to see Sayfutdinov ride when Ipswich visit? Why would they not? 

Impossible to put a number on it, but there’ll be supporters that don’t want their rivals having such a coup. No doubt about it. They’ll know who they are because they’ll be smirking reading this. They’ll want Ipswich signing a couple of duffers make no mistake. 

53 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I really don't think that's true, surely the majority of folk who attend the six other Prem tracks want to see Sayfutdinov ride when Ipswich visit? Why would they not? 

6 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Impossible to put a number on it, but there’ll be supporters that don’t want their rivals having such a coup. No doubt about it. They’ll know who they are because they’ll be smirking reading this. They’ll want Ipswich signing a couple of duffers make no mistake. 

It’s competition at the end of the day. If Emil suddenly rocked up at Peterborough would I be pleased that they had him and that I’d get to see him at Foxhall as an away rider? Not particularly, I’d rather they signed Andersen and Worrall :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

So if it isn’t just red tape what else do you think it is, Wolfie? 

More like a brick wall I would say

15 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s competition at the end of the day. If Emil suddenly rocked up at Peterborough would I be pleased that they had him and that I’d get to see him at Foxhall as an away rider? Not particularly, I’d rather they signed Andersen and Worrall :D

If Ipswich sign him and do a 1998 again it would grate a bit of course but at the end if the day there's a bigger picture, he'll put bums on seats and make the league stronger, I'd much rather see that personally. I can remember him coming to Lynn with Coventry in 2011, the place was packed to the rafters. 

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If Ipswich sign him and do a 1998 again it would grate a bit of course but at the end if the day there's a bigger picture, he'll put bums on seats and make the league stronger, I'd much rather see that personally. I can remember him coming to Lynn with Coventry in 2011, the place was packed to the rafters. 

Oh I agree he’ll put bums on seats definitely, but I still wouldn’t want to see him at Peterborough. Nicki Pedersen would do the same, but I wouldn’t want Peterborough to sign him either.. I’d still make sure I was there to see him though 100%. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Nothing deluded about it! You’re hoping it’s delusion because the ONLY set of fans that want Sayfutdinov here are Ipswich supporters. All this “I really hope he does come cos it’s great for our league but I just can’t see it” is complete b0llocks that most of us can see right through! 

Whether you or Tinywhatshisface from 6 finger land who continues to stick his fingers in his ears and go blah blah blah and pretend it’s all still rumour with no substance, the fact is that Louis is actively trying to get this deal done. 

Whether he’s ultimately successful is neither here nor there and won’t prove you or anyone else who maintains he’s “definitely not coming” right. Louis will know more than you on what this deal needs to get over the line, and the fact he’s still actively pursuing it tells you that he believes he can get it done. If it was black and white with little to no chance he would have moved on to someone else, that is currently NOT the case. 

Maybe there isn’t anyone else hence why he’s still desperately trying to get this one done. Good luck to him, he’ll need it.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Makes you wonder why he was using the same engine for two completely different tracks…..

He wasn't. He  had an engine built for Plymouth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sully said:

He obviously wasn't, he is experienced enough to know better than that !!!

Peterborough fans don't really have much to worry about, in terms of machinery the riders will be riding, Tomalin ans his investment won't just go into the club, it will go into his riders to ensure they have decent equipment, the only worry the fans have is the riders not performing on it

Andersen i think its ok to give the benefit of doubt for a poor season, judge him afresh after a handful of meetings in 2023, nobody is privy to everything going on behind the scenes which can play a part in poor scoring.

Besides its what team finishes the season that is important, and some riders will be available later in the season when changes are ready to occur 

Peterborough with the financial backing will be a very attractive propositon to riders, shame they didn't have Tomalin on board and announced it at the end of 2022, reckon more riders would have held out for a spot (shame the stadium availability played its part there).

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

If you throw money at him NP he will come over ..who wouldnt ....

Madness to sign NP not overly wonderful last time with Panthers. Only just been repaired  and no warranty as to the result, Must have concerns over those now in charge if the various permutations  suggested are correct.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Madness to sign NP not overly wonderful last time with Panthers. Only just been repaired  and no warranty as to the result, Must have concerns over those now in charge if the various permutations  suggested are correct.

I get the feeling you’re a glass half empty kind of guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sully said:

I get the feeling you’re a glass half empty kind of guy?

This is speedway - its a plastic cup rather than a glass.....:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This is speedway - its a plastic cup rather than a glass.....:)

True!! Someone stood on and crushed my cup some years ago

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Peterborough fans don't really have much to worry about, in terms of machinery the riders will be riding, Tomalin ans his investment won't just go into the club, it will go into his riders to ensure they have decent equipment, the only worry the fans have is the riders not performing on it

Andersen i think its ok to give the benefit of doubt for a poor season, judge him afresh after a handful of meetings in 2023, nobody is privy to everything going on behind the scenes which can play a part in poor scoring.

You can’t polish a turd