British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

It does feel odd...and tis' most definitely the season for putting 2&2 together. 

Not sure even Louis is that mad/desperate though, is he?

I don't know tbh, Lindback was mentioned on the Ipswich thread a few weeks back though.

I'm just putting 2 and 2 together though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

I thought that was interesting too.

Very weird how he's going to ride in Steve Worrall's testimonial when they barely know each other.

Because  he's  a Poole asset..and what u said doesnt know him ...

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Me neither, We know for sure that 7 riders have put pen to paper now because we've heard that from the horses mouth as the saying goes.

Therefore I honestly don't think Tomalin would be still be talking about play-offs if we were left way short of the points limit having to go with a 1-7 that nobody really wanted on the management side of things either.

To me Tomalin's comments scream NKI, R. Worrall, Basso, Tungate, C. Holder, B. Cook & Jenkins.

If so that isnt a bad team ..not so sure away tho ...Especially  on the Technical tracks..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

I wouldn't class keeping 3 riders as rebuilding either.

MT has also mentioned on FB that we're not dealing with Dad's Army 

At the risk of sounding pedantic I would say that replacing more than half of the team ie 4 riders constitutes a rebuild personally. 

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

At the risk of sounding pedantic I would say that replacing more than half of the team ie 4 riders constitutes a rebuild personally. 

Also liking social media posts saying that we've moved the Dads Army Legends on though which suggests Hans has gone too.

46 minutes ago, TTT said:

Also liking social media posts saying that we've moved the Dads Army Legends on though which suggests Hans has gone too.

But the club haven’t done a farewell/ thanks for your service post about Andersen as they did with Harris/nicholls and MPT which to me suggests he’s in 

29 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

But the club haven’t done a farewell/ thanks for your service post about Andersen as they did with Harris/nicholls and MPT which to me suggests he’s in 

That's why I've come up with the very long shot team manager theory purely because I cant build a competitive 1-7 featuring Andersen and other riders who've been linked with us this winter that ties in with Tomalin's comments.

Tomalin has gone public again today saying we must make the play-offs with the team we've put together and to me that doesn't sound like the 1-7 side that's 2.30 under the limit because everybody knows it's got no chance of even being in contention for a play-off spot (Wooden spoon guaranteed)

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Have Lindback and Steve Worrall ever ridden in the same 1-7 because I cant recall that happening tbh? If they haven't then it's really odd that Lindback is riding in Steve's Testimonial imo.

Could be down to Lindback wanting to get a few laps in on a British track ahead of the new Premiership season (Key word could)

Could that be yet another rumour.

• Like 1

Just now, TINYS said:

Could that be yet another rumour.

I'm not ruling it out because it's certainly a left field announcement for Stevie's testimonial imo.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

That's why I've come up with the very long shot team manager theory purely because I cant build a competitive 1-7 featuring Andersen and other riders who've been linked with us this winter that ties in with Tomalin's comments.

Tomalin has gone public again today saying we must make the play-offs with the team we've put together and to me that doesn't sound like the 1-7 side that's 2.30 under the limit because everybody knows it's got no chance of even being in contention for a play-off spot (Wooden spoon guaranteed)

Lets wait and see ......

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

May be there will be a few surprises in the team.....

33 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'm not ruling it out because it's certainly a left field announcement for Stevie's testimonial imo.

Not that much of a left-field announcement really. The testimonial is a Poole 7 against Belle Vue 7 and Antonio was a very popular rider for the Pirates wasn't he?

Would be surprised if Han  Andersen  not involved in some capacity

4 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Not that much of a left-field announcement really. The testimonial is a Poole 7 against Belle Vue 7 and Antonio was a very popular rider for the Pirates wasn't he?

Still track record-holder!! Plus he also rode for BV briefly!

Edited by Skidder1