British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

48 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Whilst looking at your fixtures only just realised you've moved to a Monday night this year.

Was mainly Monday nights last year as well

54 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Whilst looking at your fixtures only just realised you've moved to a Monday night this year.

Mainly been that way previously, Buster didn't want Peterborough & King's Lynn race nights clashing 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Yep we need that takeover prompto, however it isn't an update on anything in reality 

I can't see Peterborough City Council approving a new stadium within the City. They'll want the Speedway moved out into the sticks which will cause a travel problem for many supporters. 

Many councils are wanting all new noise pollutions moved outside heavily populated areas. 

Anybody else losing all hope / confidence now?

We don't know who our owner is going to be.

We still don't have a guaranteed future after this year (I can't see Tomalin buying the club until the clubs future is secure)

We cant name a full 1-7 due to Buster/Tomalin possibly wanting a different 1-7, I think Buster doesn't want Chris Holder due to the 2017 KL situation and I think Tomalin doesn't want Richie Worrall as Richie strikes me as a Buster Chapman signing.

Edited by TTT

41 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I can't see Peterborough City Council approving a new stadium within the City. They'll want the Speedway moved out into the sticks which will cause a travel problem for many supporters. 

Many councils are wanting all new noise pollutions moved outside heavily populated areas. 

Tbf if it goes to fengate where the land has been rumoured that'll be fine 

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

We still don't have a guaranteed future after this year (I can't see Tomalin buying the club until the clubs future is secure)

We cant name a full 1-7 due to Buster/Tomalin possibly wanting a different 1-7, I think Buster doesn't want Chris Holder due to the 2017 KL situation and I think Tomalin doesn't want Richie Worrall as Richie strikes me as a Buster Chapman signing.

No confident things will get sorted it's just very frustrating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Not at all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTT said:

i'm sure things are ticking along fine in the background with regards to the team.

the only stumbling block may be the future, but if you have someone prepared to put their money where their mouth is then you should be ok

18 hours ago, stevehone said:

i'm sure things are ticking along fine in the background with regards to the team.

the only stumbling block may be the future, but if you have someone prepared to put their money where their mouth is then you should be ok

And how many decades will it take to  see a return on his investment.. buying land, laying new track,building new terracing,etc etc. It's not financially viable..He's a businessman not a charity. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

21 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

And how many decades will it take to  see a return on his investment.. buying land, laying new track,building new terracing,etc etc.                              He's a businessman not a charity. 

Only way I think it would work is incorporating into his current business, he stores cars at he showground currently I believe 

18 hours ago, TTT said:

It’s understood that they want to have contracts for all three riders for the remaining places fully completed before releasing any further information.

New star Cook ready to serve up a treat for Peterborough Panthers fans, plus season ticket info | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Press and Practice day will only have 4 riders at this rate