British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Would have thought  removal and re installation of any  fixtures fittings and  other  assets  not finically viable

39 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Yeah obviously not the brick work but I think they can have the steels/roof/ seats. I don’t know who owns the floodlights but they will take the shale, probably try and re use the fence panels known them.! 

I seem to remember there being fundraising to pay for the floodlights in the Jim Lynch era.  They needed to upgrade the previous floodlights as no good for sky sports.  

I agree. It’s a big cost and a lot of work. I like the idea that the new Workington track has done with banking all the way round the circuit and no stand as such. If it rains speedway gets called off so maybe for the first season or something lower the gate price and people bring camping chairs or stand etc. 

i guess it all depends if MT will somehow incorporate a speedway track into his designs for car auctions or something. I could see the council maybe considering bringing the dogs back so having a dog track inside the speedway track and making the venue multi use 

4G football pitch in the middle, some form of indoor building to host events, smaller buildings to host conferences, depends ultimately what else Tomalin wants to put on site

I have bo idea what his net worth is if it will be financed through his own wealth or through his company but ultimately its an investment if it doesn't work out he has land which is worth a small fortune if he sells it on 

As for the panthers side

I'm going

Pedersen, Basso, Tungate, NKI, Andersen, Cook and Jenkins.

I believe Holder will end up at Ipswich

I'm going with the following three.

Nicki P (Literally no excuse not to meet his demands if Holder does get shown the exit door as expected)

R. Worrall (Hopefully someone has managed to step up for Tungate though)

Andersen

Holder and Hume to complete the Witches 1-7 imo.

The grandstand would not pass current stadia regulations but it doesn’t mean 60% couldn't be reused / recycled in to a reconfigured grandstand.

15 hours ago, Flappy said:

Buster 

Something doesn’t add up .if tomalin is funding the club and promoter with Carl why’s that ,let’s  be fair everybody bar panthers fans think buster props up club and loses money ..if you was losing money you’d be want rid asap you’d  not be piddling the potential buyer off … if the teams 5h1te this upcoming this season they can swivel for the £89 a meeting and programme I spend . Times are tight and putting  out has beens and  never will be’s ain’t gonna wash 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TTT said:

I'm going with the following three.

Nicki P (Literally no excuse not to meet his demands if Holder does get shown the exit door as expected)

R. Worrall (Hopefully someone has managed to step up for Tungate though)

Andersen

Holder and Hume to complete the Witches 1-7 imo.

Not far away there....

Ideally they could take the seats from the current grandstand, not much I know but it’s a start, the roof is asbestos is it not? So that would surely rule that out. 

interesting too see what’s going too happen too certain buildings on site because the thatched barn is listed, and I’m led too believe the cattle sheds are too, so they would have too taken down and put back up somewhere in theory. 

As for this merry go round that’s speculation on the team, get it announced, it’s took the p*ss now to the fans. Peterborough has a great fan base and the last thing anyone with any sense would do is not to tarnish that! 

Pedersen needs too be nailed on at 3.5k a night fact

I bet they want the club to take the grandstand with them what with from memory an asbestos roof - the cost of dismantling and reassembling would be astronomical cheaper to scrap it an buy new - seats would be worth keeping though 

Edited by Haza

As an outsider looking in the questions around the ownership of Peterborough seem Pretty simple to answer.

The club has a year left at the showground. Although it appears that another site has been found the costs with obtaining the land & building the stadium seem to be an issue at the moment.

Buster is trying to sell a club that currently could have no future in 9 months time. Any offer made is likely to be well below what Buster wants for it.

Tomlin wants to buy the club but because of the question mark around what happens after October isn't willing to meet Busters valuation. 

Buster won't sell, expects to lose money at Peterborough but can use that to offset tax elsewhere. This probably gives buster better value right now than selling for what Tomlin wants to pay for it.

Currently Peterborough speedway isn't worth a great deal as the future beyond this season is far from certain.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

As an outsider looking in the questions around the ownership of Peterborough seem Pretty simple to answer.

The club has a year left at the showground. Although it appears that another site has been found the costs with obtaining the land & building the stadium seem to be an issue at the moment.

Buster is trying to sell a club that currently could have no future in 9 months time. Any offer made is likely to be well below what Buster wants for it.

Tomlin wants to buy the club but because of the question mark around what happens after October isn't willing to meet Busters valuation. 

Buster won't sell, expects to lose money at Peterborough but can use that to offset tax elsewhere. This probably gives buster better value right now than selling for what Tomlin wants to pay for it.

Currently Peterborough speedway isn't worth a great deal as the future beyond this season is far from certain.

Have to agree with all you say especially the last sentence- the value of Pboro Speedway isn’t  worth a great deal - I’d say with an uncertain future over the showground and funding for a new stadium and getting planning permission Pboro Speedway isn’t worth a £1 .

48 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

But the land,grandstand,fixtures and fittings etc etc are not the only financial outlays.What about the utilities to basically be installed in the middle of a field.Electic,sewers,water,telecommunications,and a huge drainage system would also be needed.You don't get all these things put in for free of charge, that's why there aren't any new tracks appearing in the UK being built from scatch.With the amount of people coming through the turnstiles speedway just isn't a viable proposition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

But the land,grandstand,fixtures and fittings etc etc are not the only financial outlays.What about the utilities to basically be installed in the middle of a field.Electic,sewers,water,telecommunications,and a huge drainage system would also be needed.You don't get all these things put in for free of charge, that's why there aren't any new tracks appearing in the UK being built from scatch.With the amount of people coming through the turnstiles speedway just isn't a viable proposition. 

All that with at best 2000 people coming through the turnstiles each meeting sadly all you say doesn’t add up to be financially viable- unless it’s a multi purpose stadium-stock cars / pop concerts/ football /rugby - with a clubhouse big enough for weddings and parties- can see that’s the only way it could be viable- just speedway it doesn’t add up 

NP of 10 years ago on 3.5k a meeting yes , NP of now on 3.5k a meeting would be a massive gamble not alot of incentive for him knowing he's having his pocket lined barely before he's turned a wheel 

• Like 2