British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

I’m not disappointed in Richie’s signing tbh.

He’s pretty solid everywhere apart from the NSS so if he can get dialled in at the Showground then he should maintain his average.

It’s the return of Hans that will be the issue because he can’t ride big tracks anymore

The surprise HL needs to be a beast who rarely drops a point to compensate for the lack of second string power though

15 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I wonder who ...

Pedersen and Andersen

You get the feeling with Tomalin that he won't be frightened to make changes if the initial team doesn't work out. If given free reign of course.

Personally I think if you add Pedersen and Tungate to those five it's a pretty good side. Not so much if Hans is declared. 

Edited by Bagpuss

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Richie Worrall confirmed. On a brighter note, “and as Speedway Star went to press on Tuesday, Panthers were understood to be closing in on a major heat-leader signing”. 

Assuming Andersen is one of the other two, that leaves 9.46 for the “major heat leader”.  

I don’t understand all this “closing in on a major heat leader “ Carl has said numerous times that the 7 riders are all signed and suits are being made etc, you’ve either signed all your riders or you haven’t ! The club needs to make their mind up ! 

4 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I don’t understand all this “closing in on a major heat leader “ Carl has said numerous times that the 7 riders are all signed and suits are being made etc, you’ve either signed all your riders or you haven’t ! The club needs to make their mind up ! 

To be fair the Holder thing may have scuppered his/their plans and they’ve had to chase a replacement. 

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not sure about that. Get the top heat leader in whether that be Pedersen or someone else then the top end looks absolutely fine. Iversen will be a good second heat leader (much more suited than #1) and Basso is more than capable of improving further to nail down the 3rd heat leader spot. Ben Cook could do well at reserve also which just leaves the middle order. We’ve all got those Ritchie Worrall types in the side, Wolves have his brother, we have Riss, Belle Vue Charles Wright, Sheffield Howarth/Bellego etc etc. all similar average wise who aren’t exciting but are there to do a job. 

Richie is the weakest out of the lot though 

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To be fair the Holder thing may have scuppered his/their plans and they’ve had to chase a replacement. 

That’s what I was thinking but they got rid of holder before Carl did the radio interview last week and before the speedway star came out this week…. All a bit confusing 

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Would Pedersen have clashes with his Denmark role? 

No

Think it’s safe to say that no takeover is happening anytime soon after the classic Buster swap deal (MPT for Worrall)

Holder & Tungate would’ve been the perfect final 2.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Think it’s safe to say that no takeover is happening anytime soon after the classic Buster swap deal (MPT for Worrall)

Holder & Tungate would’ve been the perfect final 2.

It be very interesting to no what Buster values Pboro speedway at - from what I can see it’s value is minimal at best - no certainty for 2024 that the Showground will be available no planning permission or funds for the alleged new track - at best 2024 the Showground is available second best Panthers run home meetings at KL - so the value is really bugger all 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Because like always Carl talks out of his rear end.

• Like 1

We are not amused..