British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

18 minutes ago, Haza said:

It be very interesting to no what Buster values Pboro speedway at - from what I can see it’s value is minimal at best - no certainty for 2024 that the Showground will be available no planning permission or funds for the alleged new track - at best 2024 the Showground is available second best Panthers run home meetings at KL - so the value is really bugger all 

Speaking to him a couple years ago he wanted 200 grand for it. Lol

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

At least when it comes to the prediction thread everyone knows were to put Peterborough now.

I'm not sure yet. 

Pedersen or Lindgren and Andersen or Cook goes unbeaten at home 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'm not sure yet. 

Pedersen or Lindgren and Andersen or Cook goes unbeaten at home 

1st meeting at home is Ipswich,  if they have a fired up Holder or Emil as well as Doyle theres a loss straight away 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

1st meeting at home is Ipswich,  if they have a fired up Holder or Emil as well as Doyle theres a loss straight away 

Holder isn't going there fact.  He has zero interest in it and was only going to ride for panthers due to a relationship he has with one of the men in MT's backroom team.

I really don't think Ipswich turn up and roll us over providing we get a number 1 in.  

Basso at home is heat leader standard and he wasn't getting beat many times at the end of last season around the showground 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes he did. Wagstaff bought the club & changed us to "The Silver Machine" & eventually drove the club bust. Buster had to buy the Speedway rights back. 

Being a stadium owner doesn't automatically mean you own the Speedway club. 

Oh is that right 

This could possibly be a more farcical thread than the Coventry/Pboro thread about 10 years ago when they were going to boycott the league. 

Pathetic. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

So just 2 more to go. 14.39 to play with 

1- Pedersen 

2- Andersen/Cook up to 5.78 

3- Basso

4- Worrall

5- NKI

6- Cook 

7- Jenkins 

Something like the above 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

This could possibly be a more farcical thread than the Coventry/Pboro thread about 10 years ago when they were going to boycott the league. 

Pathetic. 

Why

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I don’t understand all this “closing in on a major heat leader “ Carl has said numerous times that the 7 riders are all signed and suits are being made etc, you’ve either signed all your riders or you haven’t ! The club needs to make their mind up ! 

He has indeed

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Why

Have you read any of it? 

He's hardly going to say 'everyone is signed were just not telling you yet'.

Saying 'we are closing in on a heatleader' is far more dramatic ad newsworthy.

Speedway promoter speak.

16 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Have you read any of it? 

Given that he started the thread and is a poster on speed (not literally to avoid confusion) I'd guess that he's read all of it. I couldn't make out what's pathetic about it either. Most of social media is pathetic anyway and forums have been speedway's devil incarnate for 25 years or more. Everyone knows what they are going to get don't they? It's often puerile nonsense so surely that's the starting point if you choose to read?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Speaking to him a couple years ago he wanted 200 grand for it. Lol

200 grand two years ago is a fantasy figure even then - but now with the uncertainty surrounding the long term future even 10 grand could be money  down the drain. 

• Like 1