British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

What an idea for some great publicity...

A rider with a helmet stood on the centre green with a load of fans there shouting "Take it off!, Take it off".....

With Jonathan Ross sat in the stands saying it was "definitely Mick Poole".... :D

And the masked rider is Hans Anderson.

6 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

this from the same person who less than three weeks ago said Dudek was the Panthers no 1!!

Also, even a stopped clock has to be right twice a day.

Never said he was said i see a story saying he's in the UK signing a deal and then a member of this forum sent me the story from his account

So he's probably got a sponsor in the UK or a polish sponsor who has an office or distribution to the UK 

I think the Swede is likely more Lindback than Lindgren 

Does anybody care anymore?  Seems to me that between the two warring parties they have totally screwed the future of Panthers .

• Like 2

Could another Dane rather then Pedersen be Rasmus Jensen haps, dunno what his last average was tho when he was over here.

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Does anybody care anymore?  Seems to me that between the two warring parties they have totally screwed the future of Panthers .

Did you think that there would be a future after 2023 (which was also once in doubt let's not forget)? Unless the EoES is available in 2024 then I think that we're screwed regardless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Just about, I'll stop caring if the No.1 isn't announced tomorrow though.

This shambolic winter has to end tomorrow morning imo because the club has got it from all angles as of late, Gone past the point where it's just fan frustration.

We've now got riders calling the club out as well as Polish press calling us unprofessional.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Well we're all here so I'd hazard people care still 

• Like 3

I imagine if Peterborough can pull off something similar to Ipswich then people will care again, but I don't see it...

Would something like Lindback and Bjerre fit?

I imagine it's going to be Pedersen and Andersen though? Which tbh doesn't make it a bad team, just a bit underwhelming after all this wait.

Peterborough is another team I need to come and see this year, it's a track I've never been to and Basso will be there :D

16 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I imagine if Peterborough can pull off something similar to Ipswich then people will care again, but I don't see it...

I imagine it's going to be Pedersen and Andersen though? Which tbh doesn't make it a bad team, just a bit underwhelming after all this wait.

Peterborough is another team I need to come and see this year, it's a track I've never been to and Basso will be there :D

Could be a lot of pressure on young basso’s shoulders again this year if a top #1 isn’t signed. A rider well worth seeing in person, never gives up and always gives 100% regardless 

Not been checking in much....

What happened with Holder?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Could be a lot of pressure on young basso’s shoulders again this year if a top #1 isn’t signed. A rider well worth seeing in person, never gives up and always gives 100% regardless 

I've seen Ben ride numerous times, at poole, Redcar and I'm pretty sure newcastle. He's absolutely class.

40 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

0.8 under limit and for me lacks another heat leader but should be a decent enough team.  Would expect a change early doors. 

Pedersen, Basso, NKI and Cook should score well around Peterborough. Jenkins if he carries on his form from the end of last season will be one of the better rising stars. That leaves Worrall who should be a steady Eddie home and away and Hans Andersen who simply should add to a 4.93 average and can't be as bad as last season at the showground can he?

As MT has said making the play offs is the first priority

Pedersen

Andersen

Worrall 

Basso

NKI

Cook 

Jenkins 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I've seen Ben ride numerous times, at poole, Redcar and I'm pretty sure newcastle. He's absolutely class.

Agreed for me he could have a 7+ average by the end of the season. Should've been 4th in the start averages for me but he's good enough to kick on.

• Like 1