British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Ooohh you're hard :D

Yes be fun having the most hated  ever  wolves rider back and  hes still owned by us lol.

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Great to see a other top rider and entertainer back in the UK.

I think the signing of Pedersen to Peterborough and Sayfutdinov to Ipswich are probably two of the biggest signings to happen in the the last 10-15 years.Really looking forward to watching them both.

Agree to a point. Nicki Pedersen is a nostalgic signing. For me, having Dan Bewley back in the league is a bigger signing. 

Emil is a genuine World Class signing & it's a shame imo Peterborough couldn't get the Lindgren signing over the line. 

4 hours ago, Petecc said:

I hope so, but a couple of trips into an air fence can take its toll on an older rider very quickly. 

It isn't usually Nicki that is in the fence!

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol yeah. Hopefully Ben Cook stays at reserve and doesn't go up to no2! :o

Yes true, he isn't a rider who looks for his team mate too often.

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree to a point. Nicki Pedersen is a nostalgic signing. For me, having Dan Bewley back in the league is a bigger signing. 

Emil is a genuine World Class signing & it's a shame imo Peterborough couldn't get the Lindgren signing over the line. 

I doubt Lindgren was ever going to sign for Peterborough, surely if he rode here again it would be for Wolves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I doubt Lindgren was ever going to sign for Peterborough, surely if he rode here again it would be for Wolves.

:t:

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He'd go to any club if they offered a big enough incentive.  He doesn't owe Wolves anything 

Possibly not entirely through their  own fault  management have made a balls up of it  . It  could still turn out ok. depending in what form Pedersen recaptures..

50 minutes ago, R87 said:

He'd go to any club if they offered a big enough incentive.  He doesn't owe Wolves anything 

If Lindgren wanted to ride here I am sure he would be offered a place at Wolves. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If Lindgren wanted to ride here I am sure he would be offered a place at Wolves. 

They can no longer afford his current wage demands. It's been mentioned by some Wolverhampton fans that money is an issue & Lindgren was wanted by them. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Translation 

I held out for a few more quid , they got desperate and blinked so I'm here ;):P

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Not saying they wouldn't.   My point is that another club in the UK offers him a better deal, then he wouldn't think twice about giving Wolverhampton a two-fingered salute and going where the better money was.