British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

I do think that year on year Buster is losing touch on how to run a Speedway club, more dangerously, how to prepare a Speedway track. 

The downsides to all that is are there the right people to take the clubs he owns forward correctly or worse, anyone to take them on at all. 

For Peterborough, it's concerning that this Tomlin guy comes across as a bit of a gimp. Billy Big Bollox had a lot to say in the off season but failed to stump up the dosh for the running of the club. This guy got Peterborough fans jumping for joy in the off season only for them to be where they are now, only having Pedersen & Basso to look forward to watching. 

If Pedersen does fail to return (who would blame him) & the colateral isn't available for a replacement, the blame isn't on the current owner imo. Fans should look at Billy Big Bollox, he's the guy that's let you down in 2023. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I do think that year on year Buster is losing touch on how to run a Speedway club, more dangerously, how to prepare a Speedway track. 

The downsides to all that is are there the right people to take the clubs he owns forward correctly or worse, anyone to take them on at all. 

For Peterborough, it's concerning that this Tomlin guy comes across as a bit of a gimp. Billy Big Bollox had a lot to say in the off season but failed to stump up the dosh for the running of the club. This guy got Peterborough fans jumping for joy in the off season only for them to be where they are now, only having Pedersen & Basso to look forward to watching. 

If Pedersen does fail to return (who would blame him) & the colateral isn't available for a replacement, the blame isn't on the current owner imo. Fans should look at Billy Big Bollox, he's the guy that's let you down in 2023. 

Buster went off on a tangent about the bikes not having any low down grunt anymore and that’s what caused Nicki’s crash when asked about the state of the track Monday night, like you said…it’s 2023

50 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I agree with a lot of that. It appears that MT got excited pre season and seemed to think he could do the hiring and firing. The panthers fans were excited, and rightly so by what MT was saying . You had a bloke with plenty of money and the fans thought that he would buy the club and re locate it, ensuring the clubs future. He might come good on all he has said, and i hope he does. No one wants any club to close.

If MT hadn't spouted off pre season, i think most of the fans would be happy with your team. Instead you have some fans moaning at 1 loss, to a good team and without your No1.Unless Tomlin is paying for the rent, wages, any signing on fees, all the other bills, then Buster has to cut his cloth accordingly. NP and NKI don't come cheap.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Looking at the amount of cars scattered around the showground and car transporters going in and out,, is MT not just using it all as a big car park on the cheap

3 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Nicki is probably more annoyed with the track.

If that isn't sorted, he won't be riding in England for much longer.

They all had a practice on it late Monday afternoon. You can’t tell me any of them didn’t try the inside line during practice. The track wouldn’t have changed that much between late afternoon and heat 1. It was just an unfortunate incident. Nicki will be a panther for the season. ( bar major injury) 

hes still due to ride in the Peter craven on Monday too 

Edited by Gasser90
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

They all had a practice on it late Monday afternoon. You can’t tell me any of them didn’t try the inside line during practice. The track wouldn’t have changed that much between late afternoon and heat 1. It was just an unfortunate incident. Nicki will be a panther for the season. ( bar major injury) 

Spot on. Iversen was interviewed before the meeting and said they’d be practicing that afternoon, nobody obviously saw a problem then. 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Spot on. Iversen was interviewed before the meeting and said they’d be practicing that afternoon, nobody obviously saw a problem then. 

I didn't think that was allowed so close to a meeting......

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surprised me as well to be honest! 

Every club has some sort of home advantage, more so than others. But even as a home rider, track conditions can change meeting to meeting and you’d find yourself having to tinker with set ups. Having a practice though a few hours before a meeting is a pi$s take! Shouldn’t be allowed to happen. Makes Ipswich’ win even more impressive even with Pedersen’s absence,, whilst also makes Iversen’s and Worrall’s performances look even worse!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Apparently so, I did question it but got told by a rider that it’s actually quite common. You just don’t hear about it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe NKI will be due a new average next Monday. Rolling averages run from 2021-2023 & Iversen is using his 2019 average as he didn't ride enough matches last season (2 home / 3 away).

With Monday being his 3rd home match, should now have a 7.17 ave. Not that I'm suggesting they'll be making changes with an extra 0.3 points to play with. Despite some comments on here, I can't believe they'd drop Worrall after ONE match!

4 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Apparently so, I did question it but got told by a rider that it’s actually quite common. 

Well it shouldn’t be! It’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Wasn't that is what caused the issue though? The inside line was too grippy and soft, Nicki complained about it and inside line was moved... he still wasn't happy for the meeting. 

23 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Wasn't that is what caused the issue though? The inside line was too grippy and soft, Nicki complained about it and inside line was moved... he still wasn't happy for the meeting. 

Worrall didn’t have any issues with it when he ignored the “new” white line and rode the same inside line that Pedersen did. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aries said:

Worrall didn’t have any issues with it when he ignored the “new” white line and rode the same inside line that Pedersen did. 

Exactly..... its at though he did it on purpose.... :blink:

• Haha 1