British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

What's been saidĀ 

Questioning loyalty

The thing that makes me laugh and I've given Tomalin a huge pass this winter is all of the new era talk and the rebranding to the purple colours knowing we've only got 6 months left.

May as well have stuck with the traditional colours.

Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, TTT said:

The thing that makes me laugh and I've given Tomalin a huge pass this winter is all of the new era talk and the rebranding to the purple colours knowing we've only got 6 months left.

May as well have stuck with the traditional colours.

Ā 

The other side of that is, was MT keen until he got dumped on with team decisions? Has he walked away?

• Like 6

Just now, stevehone said:

The other side of that is, was MT keen until he got dumped on with team decisions? Has he walked away?

This is a good point. There is a social media channel on Facebook for Panthers chat and he was previously very vocal until the start of the season. He has gone very quiet since.

Looks like the Panthers curtain will come downĀ on Monday August 28th v Ipswich...

Can someone pay Steve Lawson to help out? He clearly knows how to start from scratch with a new site. I do feel the panthers need a compete reset. A new site and maybe a chance of leagues. I don't know I'm just sad that the panthers maybe gone for a while.

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

Fair points tbh.

Michael does seem to be a lot quieter now than he was at the start of the season as mentioned by Smiler.

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

My thoughts entirely...

Tbh in my opinion Tomalin looks a fool, spouting about what we are gunna do and making promises that he clearly hasnā€™t kept YET. This is the most bumpy ride of a take over if there even is gunna be one now which I doubt. Sad sad way too endĀ 

• Like 3

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the holder situation, you would have to think after investing a load of money into the club and getting holder lined up to then have that vetoed, followed by his replacement calling it quits after not completing a lap, MT couldnā€™t really be blamed for walking away.Ā 

• Like 3

So Peterborough will be gone. Edinburgh maybe as well next year, mildenhall possibly as well. Birmingham could possibly and no sign of any other clubs coming back? God this is dreadful..BSPA what are doing about this..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

So Peterborough will be gone. Edinburgh maybe as well next year, mildenhall possibly as well. Birmingham could possibly and no sign of any other clubs coming back? God this is dreadful..BSPA what are doing about this..

Nothing as usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

Wolves are struggling financially aren't they? Wouldn't be surprised if they decide to follow usĀ because CVS did say in the winter that Wolves wouldn't have run this year if it was a six team Premiership.