British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

53 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

RR at 1 at Ippo this Thursday. Are we still bothering with the rain dance routine? 

Could be an absolute massacre. 60-30.

Does anyone care anymore?

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

YES, Minister ! 

Pedant!

On checking though you are correct (The Whisky Priest). The Google search took me to that quote with the wrong show detailed :t:

If only Peterborough Speedways problems could be corrected so easily ;)

12 hours ago, chrismorton said:

It riles me up on Facebook with all the happy clappers saying they are tired of all the moaning..I'm sick of the radio silence and to make it worse it's the same at Lynn...there's a common denominator here..

The silent happy clappers & noisy keyboard warriors scenario has been going on as long as I've been on the internet. Just remind them that in 16 weeks their pain will be over and they'll have to find something else to do/support, for ever.

I'd be interested to know who penned this: "we can only stress that the club needs you more than ever at this moment. We are not giving up, so please do not give up on us" because that really is a two way situation and the management team are basically creating an atmosphere on and off track where everyone does indeed just give up on them.

Edited by Crump99

The whole season feels like a write off. No new signing on the horizon.

The fixture list is also too sparse, I want to go to the Showground every 2 weeks.

It is almost like there is a curse on the Peterborough No 1 team position to the extent that nobody wants to occupy it, even as guests.

1 minute ago, Hamish McRaker said:

It is almost like there is a curse on the Peterborough No 1 team position to the extent that nobody wants to occupy it, even as guests.

Maybe the guests are asking for  Nicki P ‘s riding fee.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe the guests are asking for  Nicki P ‘s riding fee.

Or only want to do a quarter of a lap.:D

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Anyone else bored of the silence from the club now, no number 1, everyone saying we need to start kicking up a stink regarding show ground re development but the club haven’t even said anything about what exactly they want the public/fans help with regarding this. If they want to tackle it on their own that’s fair enough but at least say something ! We’ve got to the end of this week to get a number 1 or the season is all but done, I know we will keep getting a facility for nicki blah blah but surely you want a team of 7 and not 6 plus who ever is available on the night,  it’s getting pathetic now 

They responded very quickly regarding the weather on Monday, now back into hiding.

15 hours ago, chrismorton said:

It riles me up on Facebook with all the happy clappers saying they are tired of all the moaning..I'm sick of the radio silence and to make it worse it's the same at Lynn...there's a common denominator here..

It could be that the "happy clappers" are able to take a more balanced view of life in general rather than acting like petulant children !!

My wife and myself are this afternoon again taking part in a screening programme for research in relation to early detection of various forms of cancer (in the sincere hope that this will benefit others in the long run) ................. what are you doing ??  (apart from stamping your feet demanding to know what's happening at Peterborough Speedway?)  and NO, I'm NOT seeking praise but merely trying to put things into perspective..........

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

It could be that the "happy clappers" are able to take a more balanced view of life in general rather than acting like petulant children !!

My wife and myself are this afternoon again taking part in a screening programme for research in relation to early detection of various forms of cancer (in the sincere hope that this will benefit others in the long run) ................. what are you doing ??  (apart from stamping your feet demanding to know what's happening at Peterborough Speedway?)  and NO, I'm NOT seeking praise but merely trying to put things into perspective..........

Oh what a hero..and I applaud you for that (I honestly do)..but wtf has that got to do with Panthers demise!?...if you must know I went Carp fishing and then watched Monday night football...this is a speedway forum btw so people are allowed to have opinions on speedway things that are going on at their club and this includes concerning things such as the predicament we are in now..but hey at least Posh made the play offs so it's not all doom and gloom in Peterborough!

Edited by chrismorton
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

RR at 1 at Ippo this Thursday. Are we still bothering with the rain dance routine? 

Could be an absolute massacre. 60-30.

Are Bewley or Kurtz riding elsewhere then 

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

Oh what a hero..and I applaud you for that (I honestly do)..but wtf has that got to do with Panthers demise!?...if you must know I went Carp fishing and then watched Monday night football...this is a speedway forum btw so people are allowed to have opinions on speedway things that are going on at their club and this includes concerning things such as the predicament we are in now..but hey at least Posh made the play offs so it's not all doom and gloom in Peterborough!

I'm not asking for applause (or anything else) ....... however you and a few others on here should realise that there are more important issues in life rather than throwing daily tantrums and callling others "happy clappers" on account of them not being in such a frenzied state  (they too are allowed opinion ........ or probably that's not permitted if it doesn't concur???).

The vast majority of the latter part of this thread is nothing to do with the potential "demise" of Panthers ......... it's more about a small group of individuals stamping their feet and demanding to know what's going on about a new No1 .........  then, when no news is forthcoming, blaming everyone under the sun for allegedly doing nothing  (how do you KNOW they are doing nothing??) followed by another round of daily tantrums.

With regard to the demise of Panthers (and btw no one wants to see that) you can count yourselves lucky  (my local track disappeared 35 years ago!) and if you don't like what's being currently served up then walk away.................................. LIFE goes on !!!

27 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'm not asking for applause (or anything else) ....... however you and a few others on here should realise that there are more important issues in life rather than throwing daily tantrums and callling others "happy clappers" on account of them not being in such a frenzied state  (they too are allowed opinion ........ or probably that's not permitted if it doesn't concur???).

The vast majority of the latter part of this thread is nothing to do with the potential "demise" of Panthers ......... it's more about a small group of individuals stamping their feet and demanding to know what's going on about a new No1 .........  then, when no news is forthcoming, blaming everyone under the sun for allegedly doing nothing  (how do you KNOW they are doing nothing??) followed by another round of daily tantrums.

With regard to the demise of Panthers (and btw no one wants to see that) you can count yourselves lucky  (my local track disappeared 35 years ago!) and if you don't like what's being currently served up then walk away.................................. LIFE goes on !!!

There is way more important things in life than speedway. Let alone pboro speedway but……. This is a speedway forum and specifically a Peterborough panthers thread so surely we are all allowed to talk all things panthers. And with no communication from the club what do ever this is the next best thing for most people. There are people on here that have speedway news before clubs even release stuff. Fair play for what you and your wife do but let’s not get personal on here for people having an opinion or venting their frustration 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

Sounds like you have more issues than us mate....if you don't like the this chat then maybe go on Facebook where it's all sunshine and roses..and you can clap along with them...and tbf this what we have here is not serious enough for a tantrum....I haven't had one of those since Harry Kane missed that Pen against France!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

There is way more important things in life than speedway. Let alone pboro speedway but……. This is a speedway forum and specifically a Peterborough panthers thread so surely we are all allowed to talk all things panthers. And with no communication from the club what do ever this is the next best thing for most people. There are people on here that have speedway news before clubs even release stuff. Fair play for what you and your wife do but let’s not get personal on here for people having an opinion or venting their frustration 

Exactly that..in a nutshell...

• Like 1