British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Ben Cook has a higher average if it's a 5

But Ben Cook is currently in the main body of the team as well. Technically with only 1 addition at present, Hans is the one with a lower average. I see your team 1-7 as this (without any further replacements).

1. NKI

2. BC / Tarasenko

3. BB

4. Tarasenko / BC

5. RW

6. HA

7. JJ

Obviously, this will change if you do manage to get further signing over the line.

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

I'm trying to work out his average if he fits into the main body and NKI goes to number 1

Anything above Andersen’s GSA of 4.96 would put him in the top 5.

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Anything above Andersen’s GSA of 4.96 would put him in the top 5.

Yes sorry my mistake forgot about Hans 

I'd love to know what's really gone on behind the scenes, Because something big clearly has taken place as 91,000k doesn't mysteriously vanish into thin air.

12 hours ago, Noodles said:

Yeah because Brady has got things spot on hasn't he :rofl:

Well that's obvious. But he don't wait months until he tries to strengthen the team, unlike some.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I'd love to know what's really gone on behind the scenes, Because something big clearly has taken place as 91,000k doesn't mysteriously vanish into thin air.

Was the money really there? 

Or was the Pedersen signing for "1 night only' to then get guests in..... :blink:

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well that's obvious. But he don't wait months until he tries to strengthen the team, unlike some.

But he did wait months? Kings Lynn announce Laguta May 29th, Peterborough announce Vadim June 9th - 11 days.   

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Strengthen !!!!! 

If finishing up with your biggest loss for this season and then losing to a team missing Kurtz both at home, is that really strenghtening and with it costing the club more financially to do so you enjoy it while it lasts,  cause that's a recipe for financial suicide 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

How about a scenario where  a potential buyer for the club, and current owner couldn’t come to an agreement over the sale . The potential buyer had already got his team sorted,  but when the deal fell through the current owner couldn’t or wouldn’t honour the contracts that had been agreed, and the sponsors didn’t get the team they thought were buying in to . Just a thought

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

But he did wait months? Kings Lynn announce Laguta May 29th, Peterborough announce Vadim June 9th - 11 days.   

Feelers were going out after KK had done about 3 meetings. It can take time when you try and bring a rider of Artem's quality in. I would imagine there all sorts of things that need sorting. After our last meeting on the Thursday 8th, Alex said....... 

The engine room is where we’re lacking, and it’s something that will have to change. There will definitely be a change in time for Belle Vue away on Monday, there are some things to build on, and hopefully there will be a reaction again.”

He isn't wasting much time imho. You still ain't replaced NP, and where's Tungate.

52 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Strengthen !!!!! 

If finishing up with your biggest loss for this season and then losing to a team missing Kurtz both at home, is that really strenghtening and with it costing the club more financially to do so you enjoy it while it lasts,  cause that's a recipe for financial suicide 

I did say try , in my defence :)Well that's obvious. But he don't wait months until he tries to strengthen the team, unlike some."

Artem strengthens us, but we are probably another 2 riders short in the engine room (after Mondays change) to start winning regularly imho. As for the money side of it, you might well be right. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Feelers were going out after KK had done about 3 meetings. It can take time when you try and bring a rider of Artem's quality in. I would imagine there all sorts of things that need sorting. After our last meeting on the Thursday 8th, Alex said....... 

The engine room is where we’re lacking, and it’s something that will have to change. There will definitely be a change in time for Belle Vue away on Monday, there are some things to build on, and hopefully there will be a reaction again.”

He isn't wasting much time imho. You still ain't replaced NP, and where's Tungate.

I did say try , in my defence :)Well that's obvious. But he don't wait months until he tries to strengthen the team, unlike some."

Artem strengthens us, but we are probably another 2 riders short in the engine room (after Mondays change) to start winning regularly imho. As for the money side of it, you might well be right. 

Any inkling who you think the change could be BB? I really can't see it being Tungate. He is a similar mould to C Holder and Bachelor. I know Buster isn't running the day-to-day anymore at KL but he still must have some sway. Then again if he's prepared to have him at Peterborough then clearly he doesn't see him that way. 

37 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Any inkling who you think the change could be BB? I really can't see it being Tungate. He is a similar mould to C Holder and Bachelor. I know Buster isn't running the day-to-day anymore at KL but he still must have some sway. Then again if he's prepared to have him at Peterborough then clearly he doesn't see him that way. 

No i don't Starboy. I'm pretty sure Josh will be back. He was in the pits at Edinburgh yesterday,  but i don't know when he is expected back on a bike. Erik Riss was back on the bike last night, but i expect he will go back to Ippo when Ben Barkers 28 days are up.. I don't think Buster will be to keen if Alex nicked Tungate at this stage, but he does fit for either Klindt. Feddie or TJ. From what i remember he don't go that well at the AFA though. We'll find out soon enough:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 hours ago, StarBoy said:

But Ben Cook is currently in the main body of the team as well. Technically with only 1 addition at present, Hans is the one with a lower average. I see your team 1-7 as this (without any further replacements).

1. NKI

2. BC / Tarasenko

3. BB

4. Tarasenko / BC

5. RW

6. HA

7. JJ

Obviously, this will change if you do manage to get further signing over the line.

Didn't realise how weak the team looked till I try to decide who rides at number 5! A few comments have been made about Iversen not being a number one, but who could handle the number 5 spot? Heats 13+15 could be a disaster for Peterborough!

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Didn't realise how weak the team looked till I try to decide who rides at number 5! A few comments have been made about Iversen not being a number one, but who could handle the number 5 spot? Heats 13+15 could be a disaster for Peterborough!

It is such a sad state of affairs. Obviously everyone wants to win and against Peterborough everyone should have a guaranteed 4 wins (except KL). But, you at least want the meeting to be competitive, no one wants to see blow outs meeting after meeting.

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

It is such a sad state of affairs. Obviously everyone wants to win and against Peterborough everyone should have a guaranteed 4 wins (except KL). But, you at least want the meeting to be competitive, no one wants to see blow outs meeting after meeting.

Must apply to Lynn as well :( Lynn has averaged 39.25 per meeting, Peterborough 40.6 points per meeting, and without their No.1.Both from 8 meetings.