British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

With regards getting riders in he says."I would say is that while there may be riders available, there are not as many as you would think, and if you bring riders in from abroad, it’s about visas, visa slots, and sponsorships."

Sponsorships to obtain visas 

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'm from Norfolk, please explain ;) Thats a genuine question... Anyone?

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

Basically panthers management dont know what they are doing when it comes to visas ect. 

Other clubs seem to manage to sort it

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm from Norfolk, please explain ;) Thats a genuine question... Anyone?

What is UK visa sponsorship? Under the UK's points-based immigration system, the main visa-routes for non-UK residents working here require a sponsorship by a licensed employer. A sponsor licence grants a business permission to sponsor overseas workers and employ them in the UK.

• Like 1

Rumour I've heard is Carl Johnson has resigned as promoter.

Feels like a move from MT and CJ to take over. May be miles off the mark 

Edited by Flappy
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Rumour I've heard is Carl Johnson has resigned as promoter. Feels like a move from MT and CJ to take over. May be miles off the mark 

Does that mean there is a vacancy to clean the toilets , take down the air fence and abuse the fans ?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Well something needs to change sooner rather than later because the club needs a voice now. Clearly that is not Chapman who is just treading water now and will not be involved next year or beyond if we survive. It's a shame that Rathbone is persona non grata with the sport's cartel administrators because he'd be ideal to try to save the club in the short and long term. MT & CJ would need more experience with them like Mick Bratley who knows how to play the game and is as local as you can get. If MT would need to learn one thing bloody quickly then it's not rock the BSPL boat, no matter how stupid a decision may appear.

So yes your dart may have just smacked in to the wall (s*** flights) but who knows?

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

What is UK visa sponsorship? Under the UK's points-based immigration system, the main visa-routes for non-UK residents working here require a sponsorship by a licensed employer. A sponsor licence grants a business permission to sponsor overseas workers and employ them in the UK.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Wasn't MT and CJ stepping into the "promoter" role together this season?

Edited by Bald Bloke

Does Tarasenko become an asset of Peterborough after the completion of his required qualifying matches or as i believe it was Plymouth promotor Mark Phillips who sponsored his visa to ride in the Uk is he still classed as a free agent as he wont ride at all for Plymouth in 2023 ?

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Does Tarasenko become an asset of Peterborough after the completion of his required qualifying matches or as i believe it was Plymouth promotor Mark Phillips who sponsored his visa to ride in the Uk is he still classed as a free agent as he wont ride at all for Plymouth in 2023 ?

No idea 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

No idea 

Well just make something up, that’s your speciality subject.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not at all, I've made absolutely nothing up. Always happy to back anything I've said up

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Or as Mike said to Neil in the Young Ones : "Now you knew that anyway and we don't care, so where's the surprise?"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I wonder if Panthers will have an end of season awards night this season...

Will MT win it