British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Watched a very poor team get thrashed last night. After a few hours to let it sink in, I have come to a conclusion. The riders getting slated weren't signed to ride where they ended up after the Pedersen fiasco. Iversen was never going to be a number 1, & everyone else had to move up to cover the fact that the team is so far under the team building limit. Cook at reserve would be good as one example. The only person to blame for this is Chapman, not the riders.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Watched a very poor team get thrashed last night. After a few hours to let it sink in, I have come to a conclusion. The riders getting slated weren't signed to ride where they ended up after the Pedersen fiasco. Iversen was never going to be a number 1, & everyone else had to move up to cover the fact that the team is so far under the team building limit. Cook at reserve would be good as one example. The only person to blame for this is Chapman, not the riders.

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Sully said:

Makes the whole situation even more baffling then. Why would buster turn down an offer for his asking price. Why would anyone want to buy the club with a handful of fixtures remaining , and no new lease on offer / no viable alternative for a new track…..

Talk is that an extension has been offered to stay at the showground for at least one more year 

• Like 1

Just now, Flappy said:

Talk is that an extension has been offered to stay at the showground for at least one more year 

That’s simply not true.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mick Bratley said:

That’s simply not true.

Someone better tell our former promotor then 

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Someone better tell our former promotor then 

It’s got nothing to do with any former promoter, discussions have taken place and it’s a firm no. Misguidedly AEPG do not want any sitting tenants, their logic being that it will make LP30 invalid. It won’t. LP30 will still be valid if there is no Speedway at The Showground next year, this has been confirmed to me by a Senior Independent Planning Consultant. Of course there will be ways around this, and then that is when people should start airing their voices, when we actually get to view the plans. In any case would anyone really want to endure another season like the last two at The Showground? I’m pretty certain most of the staff wouldn’t.

Edited by Mick Bratley
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well at least we won't have to put up with Buster anymore, Speedway just for the sake of it isn't for me.

It's only worth running if you've got a competitive team on track, I don't see how anyone can enjoy watching a team that gets battered by 20+ points almost every week.

Not being ungrateful, I'm just being realistic. :t:

• Like 1

Its surely time for some form of an update on the situation of some description not just let it drag on until the last couple of meetings and then say oh by the way we forgot to say were definitely closing ok but never mind  we did everything we could you know .

Edited by scoobydoo

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its surely time for some form of an update on the situation of some description not just let it drag on until the last couple of meetings and then say oh by the way we forgot to say were definitely closing ok but never mind  we did everything we could you know .

There was an update of sorts in the rained off Sheffield programme reissued for Monday's Wolves match

To summarise a whole page nothing has changed regarding the Showground, there's no news etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Well at least we won't have to put up with Buster anymore, Speedway just for the sake of it isn't for me.

It's only worth running if you've got a competitive team on track, I don't see how anyone can enjoy watching a team that gets battered by 20+ points almost every week.

Not being ungrateful, I'm just being realistic. :t:

If what Gasser said is the case, then surely Tomalin and Johnson have got a free run to start a new speedway club?, Workington style maybe at first  ,without paying Buster a thing.  They have been looking for a new site, and they might have the land or not depending on which part of the same statement CJ made about 3 weeks ago is correct..

“I’m going to carry on trying to find a new site for a track because I don’t want Peterborough speedway to finish. I’d never want it to finish, but I can’t continue with the owner who is there and that’s not going to change as we stand.

“I’ve been the one pushing for new land for a new stadium. I’m the one who has done all the background work, all the footwork, and we have got a piece of land waiting for us.

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

It’s got nothing to do with any former promoter, discussions have taken place and it’s a firm no. Misguidedly AEPG do not want any sitting tenants, their logic being that it will make LP30 invalid. It won’t. LP30 will still be valid if there is no Speedway at The Showground next year, this has been confirmed to me by a Senior Independent Planning Consultant. Of course there will be ways around this, and then that is when people should start airing their voices, when we actually get to view the plans. In any case would anyone really want to endure another season like the last two at The Showground? I’m pretty certain most of the staff wouldn’t.

What about the Company that’s taken a lease on the units behind the pit area,

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If what Gasser said is the case, then surely Tomalin and Johnson have got a free run to start a new speedway club?, Workington style maybe at first  ,without paying Buster a thing.  They have been looking for a new site, and they might have the land or not depending on which part of the same statement he made about 3 weeks ago is correct..

I think it would have to probably be more IoW style as I would have thought that the closed shop BSPL would block any other promotion trying a start up on "Buster's turf"... and would any Panthers fan turn up to watch that?

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I think it would have to probably be more IoW style as I would have thought that the closed shop BSPL would block any other promotion trying a start up on "Buster's turf"... and would any Panthers fan turn up to watch that?

It's if's, buts and maybes at the moment i know. But MT and CJ obviously think they will turn up. I hope they do end up with another year, at the Showground. Just without Buster.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Walton said:

What about the Company that’s taken a lease on the units behind the pit area,

It's not Ged again is it ;)