British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

On 8/21/2023 at 1:42 PM, scoobydoo said:

Patryk Wojdylo is now a Tiger and a Panther as it seems hes joining Glasgow for the rest of the season replacing fellow Pole  Marcin Nowak 

Apparently another Championship club has objected to the signing.

I wonder who that could have been.

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Apparently another Championship club has objected to the signing.

I wonder who that could have been.

Another PP team !! , dont type there name as a rule as im sure they set up alerts some how then infest your thread 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

Completely separate to the local plan. An application rather than a designation. 

This article explains further and I think this avenue needs to be considered by Peterborough and Wolves.

https://southleedslife.com/supporters-secure-elland-road-as-an-asset-of-community-value/ 

Don't know anything about this or whether it could help but will look at ACVs generally so thanks for that. As a Leeds fan I'm interested anyway :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Am I right in that Tarasenko replaces Ben Cook in the top 5 now?

On 8/21/2023 at 1:42 PM, scoobydoo said:

Patryk Wojdylo is now a Tiger and a Panther as it seems hes joining Glasgow for the rest of the season replacing fellow Pole  Marcin Nowak 

So Wojdylo signing  it seems was rejected , so now Glasgow looking to get approval for Vadim Tarasenko before his average increase on 28th August so they can sign him on his previous 5pt assessed average.  

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

So Wojdylo signing  it seems was rejected , so now Glasgow looking to get approval for Vadim Tarasenko before his average increase on 28th August so they can sign him on his previous 5pt assessed average.  

Yes, and shouldn't be allowed if he doesn't ride until after 28th, shouldn't matter when he's signed. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

Peterborough's matches Vs Wolverhampton  31st Aug and Sheffield 4th September  both being shown on BSN , 

14 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes, and shouldn't be allowed if he doesn't ride until after 28th, shouldn't matter when he's signed. 

But by that logic a team like Redcar that has its penultimate league match on 18th August, then doesn't race again till 10th September wouldn't be able to sign a rider after the 19th because he wouldn't be riding till after the 28th!

So Redcar's transfer window closes 10 days before other clubs?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But by that logic a team like Redcar that has its penultimate league match on 18th August, then doesn't race again till 10th September wouldn't be able to sign a rider after the 19th because he wouldn't be riding till after the 28th!

So Redcar's transfer window closes 10 days before other clubs?

Not sure I get your point. What I was saying is that the average a rider has should be that at the time of their first meeting, not when they are signed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Not sure I get your point. What I was saying is that the average a rider has should be that at the time of their first meeting, not when they are signed. 

What about rain-offs? A rider could sign - but their average changes after a postponement & then they no longer fit in?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What about rain-offs? A rider could sign - but their average changes after a postponement & then they no longer fit in?

You like to argue eh? That would still have been their first meeting. Do you not think it ridiculous that a rider can be fitted into a team on the basis of an assessed average by 'signing' for a club today when everyone knows they don't actually have their first meeting for a fortnight and everyone knows they will get a real average before then which would make it too high to fit into the team. That's all I am proposing to deal with. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Laguta signs to replace the new pole 

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

Laguta signs to replace the new pole 

Had to check the date that it wasn't 1st April :o

• Haha 1

What a signing!

Will definitely be attending on Monday. Laguta vs Emil and Doyle will be box office.

Laguta is the real world champion. Zmarzlik stole the crown from him.

Edited by BassoRacingFan
  • Like 1