British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

20 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I asked the SCB. They will only get involved if requested  - and at the point I asked them no one had. 

Sounds bonkers to me, especially where the current owner has apparently just accepted closure

Your not wrong!  

Now ask yourself WHY would he do that?   Has to be a reason doesn’t there?   Not one that’s going to benefit Peterborough as a Club as far as I can see!   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Flappy said:

Why isn't buster on record putting his weight behind the support 

WHY INDEED?   Can only assume from that he doesn’t want us to continue either at the EoES or elsewhere!  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah considering Chapman was head honcho for years he certainly appears to be doing nothing to ensure the future of Peterborough. It does make you wonder if the fans are not being given 5he whole story? 

100% agree and it’s been like it all season!!!!!   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or has Buster had a payment from the showground owners to leave without a fuss much like the Swindon situation 

This is what I’m beginning to wonder. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

This is what I’m beginning to wonder. 

Surely if the club was going to fold and you had people offering to purchase it why wouldn’t you sell it ??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or has Buster had a payment from the showground owners to leave without a fuss much like the Swindon situation 

I think this must be the case. Also quite a while ago on here it was said that he declined an offer of his full asking price for the Panthers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

I think this must be the case. Also quite a while ago on here it was said that he declined an offer of his full asking price for the Panthers.

And in the programme he said that was cobblers: "There have been no offers; I can categorically assure you of that. Not one person has made an offer for the club. The only person I've spoken to was Michael last winter -- nobody else spoke to me about it or offered anything. If anyone did want to make me an offer, I wish they would have put it in writing, because I would have accepted it if it was anything sensible. So when I see that I've turned down two offers, I really wonder what people are trying to achieve by saying that."

If anyone wishes to dispute that then feel free.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

And in the programme he said that was cobblers: "There have been no offers; I can categorically assure you of that. Not one person has made an offer for the club. The only person I've spoken to was Michael last winter -- nobody else spoke to me about it or offered anything. If anyone did want to make me an offer, I wish they would have put it in writing, because I would have accepted it if it was anything sensible. So when I see that I've turned down two offers, I really wonder what people are trying to achieve by saying that."

Buster is not famous for his honesty. Pit gate and missing rider postponements. Tv meeting’s getting called off the day before and of course his antics at Edinburgh several years ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

If it was said on here it must be true:lol::nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

No fight whatsoever, hes done a Terry Russell and accepted the brown envelope. Wouldn't surprise me if he brings out a statement saying speedway is not viable at the showground, playing right into the developers hands.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I know people will say, "well why say it if you can't post it".  And i can't, but it annoys me reading some posts, when  i know what the situation was with both clubs at the start of the season. Buster has been let down at both clubs, thats all i can really say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

No fight whatsoever, hes done a Terry Russell and accepted the brown envelope. Wouldn't surprise me if he brings out a statement saying speedway is not viable at the showground, playing right into the developers hands.

I'll be surprised if he did.

Just watched the BSN coverage from Thursday and every time they mentioned Peterborough's demise they kept prefixing it with the word "potentially". Buster says definitely everybody else says potentially... something dodgy going on

• Like 2