British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

3 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Who wants to seen an individual meeting as a farewell meeting?  If it is to close then I want to see my Peterborough team and a final match against Kings Lynn seems a fitting finale.  Stuff the individual, not interested.  

Especially if it ends up being a load of random riders from the UK to fill it. 

Edited by Flappy

Last night was my last meeting, as I cannot make Thursday, or 24th September which was suggested last night as being the farewell meeting. I wish I had decided to end my season last week, as at least I went home in a good mood. That speech made by Mr Chapman was possibly the worst speech I have ever listened to, in terms of content and presentation. That man obviously does not care about Panthers at all. A small part of me was thinking of attending Kings Lynn in future, not any more unless the Stars get sold on. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Because AEPG and PCC have to provide that venue whether it be the showground or elsewhere as part of the local plan IP30 and IP36 

AEPG will try to get out of LP30 and they probably already have so we need to see their evidence as given to PCC:

LP30 Existing Culture, Leisure, Tourism and Community Facilities

The loss, via redevelopment, of an existing culture, leisure, tourism or community facility will only be permitted if it is demonstrated that:

k. The facility is demonstrably no longer fit for purpose and the site is not viable to be

redeveloped for a new community facility; or

l. The service provided by the facility is met by alternative provision that exists within

reasonable proximity: what is deemed as reasonable proximity will depend on the nature

of the facility and its associated catchment area; or

m. The proposal includes the provision of a new facility of a similar nature and of a similar or

greater size in a suitable on or off-site location.

I'm not sure how they get out of k & m and their argument in L will, I guess, be Kings Lynn (funny that?) and Leicester but there are many counter arguments on numerous issues (not just speedway) if that is the argument/proposal.

If people (including friends and family) haven't objected to 23/00412/OUT | Outline permission for up to 650 dwellings mentioning LP36 East of England Showground and LP30 then they need to get on and do it :)

Edited by Crump99

If Chapman is telling fans not to bother making an effort to keep the sport running, that tells you all you need to know about the man. 

A w@nk£r of the highest order. 

8 minutes ago, Pinny said:

If Chapman is telling fans not to bother making an effort to keep the sport running, that tells you all you need to know about the man. 

A w@nk£r of the highest order. 

He didnt say that though

Well i would like to thank Chapman i never thought i would come away from a speedway meeting feeling so angry. His comments on the mic last night all he sprouts is negativity just shows he is not interested in our club if he cannot say anything good he should not say anything. There is loads of genuine fans trying there best to save the club and he tells us all its a waste of time he should be ashamed. How many people there last night would hear what he said and think well why should we bother. While theres hope we keep fighting no matter what he says. Iwas explaining to a casual fan last night about the planning LP30 and LP36 they new nothing of this and said they would now object so come on Panthers fans its not over jet no matter what Chapman says Rant over for now 

• Like 2

I think after last night the lack of support from Chapman's lack of interest in the club's future is little to none which is baffling when Speedway clubs around the country are disappearing all the time. At least we know where we stand with him now, and at least we have Carl and Mick working behind the scenes with whoever else is involved to try and keep this club alive. Hopefully one day we'll get our Panthers back at their own place and an owner that loves this club as much as we all do. I hope we're wrong about Chapman and he is working to save the club and he just can't talk about it yet but I'm struggling to believe it at the moment. 

Edited by Florence
Added something

I did read in speedway star that, peterborough speedway are not expected to comment further until after their final meeting. It might be that chapman doesn't want to upset the landlord while there are meetings still to arrange/complete. 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

He didnt say that though

Considering the fans want another few seasons, as is perfectly possible, at the EoES then he did exactly say that.

Would have been a bit more convincing if he'd reminded the fans to get their objections in to the AEPG planning applications. That isn't a petition and certainly has the potential to make a difference. Assuming that the process is as open and transparent as we're led to believe?

3 minutes ago, eric i said:

I did read in speedway star that, peterborough speedway are not expected to comment further until after their final meeting. It might be that Chapman doesn't want to upset the landlord while there are meetings still to arrange/complete. 

Bratters has been quoted as saying that he wouldn't be saying anything either if he was in charge. He hasn't any time for AEPG but knows what they are like to deal with so you could be right. Some of us could be chomping on humble pie for a good while? Time will tell!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Bratters has been quoted as saying that he wouldn't be saying anything either if he was in charge. He hasn't any time for AEPG but knows what they are like to deal with so you could be right. Some of us could be chomping on humble pie for a good while? Time will tell!

Time will tell. You are right.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, eric i said:

I did read in speedway star that, peterborough speedway are not expected to comment further until after their final meeting. It might be that chapman doesn't want to upset the landlord while there are meetings still to arrange/complete. 

I see on Edinburgh Monarchs website that they have asked their fans to send objections, "to help our friends from Peterborough fight the planning"

They can do it but Chapman can't. Says it all

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, crazyb said:

I see on Edinburgh Monarchs website that they have asked their fans to send objections, "to help our friends from Peterborough fight the planning"

They can do it but Chapman can't. Says it all

Or Rob Godfrey or any other member of the BSPL except for Edinburgh

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TTT said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "26 SEPT Ask the Leader Live session Email your question and the leader will respond at his live session asktheleader@peterborough.gov.uk ? Got a question for the Leader?"

If you send a question then think what the answer would be. Do not send anything with an easy get out. These people waffle and use generalities so be careful what you ask. Think I've got a corker so it'll be binned or be unable to be answered because of an ongoing (allegedly) planning case.