British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Where will you all be going to get your speedway fix next year. I am going to try following Leicester in 2024 and hope Panthers will be back for the 2025 season.

A couple of weekends in Poland hopefully this year, not got much appetite for the racing in the country right now. The penny has really dropped now the team building discussion has started and I don’t have a team to follow anymore, it’s sad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

A couple of weekends in Poland hopefully this year, not got much appetite for the racing in the country right now. The penny has really dropped now the team building discussion has started and I don’t have a team to follow anymore, it’s sad.

Have you made the £50 donation to the Benevolent fund for the bet you lost Joe?

47 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Yes I agree, especially seeing the Panthers riders being signed by other clubs. Basso going to Kings Lynn really hurt.

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Have you made the £50 donation to the Benevolent fund for the bet you lost Joe?

IMG_3803.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Any Panthers fans who go to Kings Lynn should be ashamed of themselves.

They are the sort of people who would sell their mothers for £1.

Buster is a vulture.

Well I would think most Panther fanswiil go to the NA to see speedway , a boycott wont affect buster much 

5 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I'm sure that many feel the same and for others the penny has yet to drop. The local rag posts that Lyon and Basso have jumped ship and others are likely to follow. Who gives a flying **** (and that's not Ryan)? Any Peterborough Speedway supporter who puts another penny in Chapman's coffers in 2024 (unless he choose to clarify to our satisfaction what he's been playing at during 2023) really does need to have a serious word with themselves.

When we had the misfortune of Chapman taking over 5 years ago it was reported that "Two winters ago he played a significant role in keeping the sport at the National Speedway Stadium in Manchester by introducing new owners to Belle Vue." - which begs the question as to what he's been buggering about at all season and why he's allegedly still clinging on to sod all?

The only challenge and focus for Peterborough supporters now is to keep the opposition going with significant numbers despite having nothing to follow in 2024. When/if PCC get round to the planning applications then strong opposition is going to be crucial to saving the club.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well I would think most Panther fanswiil go to the NA to see speedway , a boycott wont affect buster much 

No chance 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I dare say a few will go but most of the Panthers supporters only go to the Norfolk Arena when the Panthers are racing at Kings Lynn and I rather suspect that will stay the same despite the stars signing up a lot of last years Peterborough team.

23 hours ago, Pitch said:

Where will you all be going to get your speedway fix next year. I am going to try following Leicester in 2024 and hope Panthers will be back for the 2025 season.

We would make you all very welcome at Leicester Speedway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I dare say a few will go but most of the Panthers supporters only go to the Norfolk Arena when the Panthers are racing at Kings Lynn and I rather suspect that will stay the same despite the stars signing up a lot of last years Peterborough team.

We definitely will not ever go to Kings Lynn again until Allitt and Chapman have gone. Would sooner drive past and go to another club now with Peterborough closed. 

• Like 1

I'll go to Ipswich for sure, I may even pop down to Leicester a couple of times too next season.

Never King's Lynn though, I don't have anything against KL fans, I don't have a problem with any of them, I just refuse to cave in to Buster's plan by doing all the things that he wants us Panthers fans to do.

Simple plan.

1. Work with AEPG in demolishing the Showground (Already started)

2. Sign as many 2023 Panthers riders up for KL in 2024 in an attempt to reel Panthers die hards in (Already started)

3. The Panthers fans who do take the bait by attending the AFA on a regular basis will eventually become KL fans if Peterborough don't return within 12 Months.

4. Buster has his best financial season in recent memory due to him only paying for 7 riders instead of 14 as well as seeing attendances at KL sky rocket where the die hard Panthers fans turn up and compensate for all the KL fans that have walked away in recent memory.

5. Peterborough eventually die and Buster wins the game.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 10:05 AM, Pitch said:

Was hoping to go to Mildenhall but things have scupered that. Probably go to Sheffield a few times, maybe Leicester for NDL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yes fair comment but in my experience alot of fans are unaware of what goes on behind the scenes.