British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm no Chapman fan but I'm also not blinkered & fair. I've defended Chapman alot over this myself & as I said, most Peterborough fans came to terms with closure until Tomlin started shooting his mouth. 

Micheal Tomlin is the problem in all this, not Chapman. This guy promised to buy the ownership & trapped off about land to build a new track & it all kicked off from there.

Has he now ran off & left it to Bratley & Johnson to figure out?? Don't hear much of Tomlin's name to save the club now do we?? 

I'm the same Daniel. I've been getting it since NP did half a lap.. MT did indeed promise the world, and got the fans buzzing. i believe "i'm a winner" and "the new Man city of speedway" was mentioned. Oh dear!! . Then we had his right hand man at the time CJ having a go at the fans for only just paying to get in, or something similar. Then he bailed out and left Buster in the brown stuff. Oh and in a statement he said they were looking at land, and that they had " some waiting"..:blink:

We have had Mick Bratley on this forum standing up for Buster twice. Once stating that if Buster didn't remove the fence and lights, they would get someone in and bill Buster. Some still moaned, and Mick said" Believe me, Buster ain't the bad guy here".. 

So for me, until someone can prove Buster has took a brown envelope, my opinion will not change. I know he's far from perfect, and no doubt it will come out in the end.

I have no doubt the consortium are doing their best. And wish them the very best.  MT was listed as a part of that btw. Don't know if that's still the case.

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

But he was powerless to stop the horse from bolting. They just ain’t having Speedway at the Showground and he was told that. He knew he was pi$$ing in the wind and wasn’t prepared to chase unicorns. The consortium have now found that out for themselves. The slanderous accusations on here over the past 6 months from the likes of TTT and the sheep that followed, accusing Chapman of taking “brown envelopes” to ensure the closing of Peterborough speedway have been absolutely staggering. 

My likes are not working. But i agree with the brown envelope thing. To premature and wrong to  even suggest such things... It will come out in the end i'm sure.

I've been very quiet on this for a while now, but reading this has started my engine again :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 2/14/2024 at 10:34 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The biggest p*!ck the fans should be pointing the finger at is Michael "The Musk of Peterborough" Tomlin. 

Opening his massive mouth, selling the dream to Peterborough fans & not backing it up. 

Chapman has never wavered from closure after 2023 & he deemed it a miracle to have got that season as 2022 should have been the last. Every fan knew the situation & was dealing with it in their own mind until 'Billy Big Bollox' and his false promises opened his mouth. 

I can't really get angry at Tomalin because I'm not sure that he exists.

However, what Chapman actually said on the centre green in 2022 was: "I'd love to stay at the EoES, it's the place to be. That's not going to happen we know. I do believe that there is a few more years here and that will give us time to build a new base and structure for Peterborough Speedway."

Chapman's tune changed for 2023 and he did bugger all outwardly about a new base or structure, just sung the AEPG tune all of the way through and gave them their PR coup at the end of 2023 and allegedly made more than a few quid at the same time (nothing to do with brown envelopes before anyone gets excited). The Tomalin deal reportedly broke down due to  longevity of the club which was Chapman's newly found 2023 position. If Tomalin had started negotiations based on Chapman's alleged 2022 position then that would possibly have led to a deal? That was the situation that we were dealing with and what actually went on is one of those loose ends as Columbo would say. Tomalin's only mistake was not getting everything signed and sealed before playing the social media game. Perhaps he's learned if he's still around?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

We have had Mick Bratley on this forum

Seen it said a few times now:

Mick knows how to play the game (you'll have to put your own interpretation on that as I'll say no more!)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 7:34 AM, Steve Irving said:

Why are some of you Peterborough fans still blaming Chapman? Hasn’t he given Mick Bratley and the consortium his blessing to try and negotiate themselves? How are they all getting on with that? Would you like to update everyone Mick on how much of a better fist you’re making of things than Chapman did?

Eventually through gritted teeth when it was questioned why he wasn't selling or making any attempt to take part in the campaign to save the club. Knowing that he had no interest in taking the club past 2023, wouldn't it have been better to hand the club over to those interested in 2024 and beyond? There were allegedly offers although apparently not in his preferred medium of written. If his concern was future eventualities (new track or EoES extension for instance; one assumes that's why he's clinging on to the licence) then it isn't too difficult to write that in to a contract. Bratley and Chapman are in completely different negotiating positions.

Edited by Crump99

10 hours ago, Hackney said:

It appears the fat lady has started singing.

Why?

15 hours ago, Hackney said:

It appears the fat lady has started singing.

Probably Diane Abbott at a Pro-Palestinian march.

You lot can say what you want but we all know that Chapman and co shafted us..and now they have rubbed our noses in it by poaching all our ex riders, manager (never liked him anyway) and other parts of our once great track. I am done with Speedway and I hope Kings Lynn fail badly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, chrismorton said:

You lot can say what you want but we all know that Chapman and co shafted us..and now they have rubbed our noses in it by poaching all our ex riders, manager (never liked him anyway) and other parts of our once great track. I am done with Speedway and I hope Kings Lynn fail badly.

He'll get his comeuppance one day.

I feel the same way and I was going to hate on KL for the foreseeable future but looking at the bigger picture and having had time to calm down, I don't have a problem with the KL fans, their riders or Rob Lyon so I don't want to wish bad luck on them.

They're just employees and supporters at the end of the day who haven't done anything wrong. My problem is with Buster and Buster only.

• Like 1

The best way for Panthers fans to say FU to Buster is by temporarily cheering on / supporting Ipswich (Permanently if we never come back) while we're not operating as a club.

Fans very rarely walk away from the Sport because it's a Sport fans hold close to their hearts and it's a Sport they truly love hence the reason why fans always end up attending another local track regularly if their club closes, Swindon fans at Oxford as a recent example and you'll see Wolves fans flocking down to Birmingham on a regular basis this season.

If any Panthers fan is desperate to see some live Speedway then they should head down to Foxhall and help Chris Louis and co. out financially on their gate instead of falling for Buster's blatant plan of trying to lure Panthers down to the AFA and help his beloved KL out with their declining attendances by signing as many Panthers riders as possible while he assists his AEPG buddies in bulldozing the Showground.

Ipswich will be King's Lynn's biggest local rivals now so that's another reason to stick two fingers up in Buster's face.

As far as I'm concerned any Panthers fan who attends a meeting at the AFA for the foreseeable future is not only gullible for falling into the trap set by Buster but they're also part of the problem for letting Buster get away with his actions by continuing to line his pockets with their hard earned cash.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Crumpet130 said:

Will any Panther fans be travelling to Kings Lynn this season ? I would imagine the thought of putting money in the Chapman wallet will put people off.

No chance, I have put enough money in that twats pocket.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Hackney said:

No chance, I have put enough money in that twats pocket.

I echo that..and after all this I've lost interest in speedway anyway now.

19 hours ago, Crumpet130 said:

Will any Panther fans be travelling to Kings Lynn this season ? I would imagine the thought of putting money in the Chapman wallet will put people off.

No, good luck to all teams involved this season but sadly I won’t be following very closely. Planning to do a couple of weekends in Poland though.