British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Not a question of box office rather  can he still  do the business, did not set the world alight last time.

But you are talking about a stronger league twelve years ago. I'd say a better barometer would be his Polish Extraliga averages from the last couple of seasons.

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But you are talking about a stronger league twelve years ago. I'd say a better barometer would be his Polish Extraliga averages from the last couple of seasons.

Have it your own way

3 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

So what do u think your 1..7 will be ???

One of the two sides that I posted earlier.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

All in the past, he has had a career  threatening injury since then

i think he's on a mission this year to prove people wrong, and he's keen on getting in the Denmark team for Wroclaw

Nicki P now 45 years old ,half his body probably held together with screws, made a good living from the sport,just why would he risk further injury to himself for a last hurrah in British speedway.

Nicki P did say that he wouldn't rule out picking himself for the World Cup if he performs well next season.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Nicki P now 45 years old ,half his body probably held together with screws, made a good living from the sport,just why would he risk further injury to himself for a last hurrah in British speedway.

Could be a couple of reasons imo.

1. His career is coming to an end so it's a case of getting every last penny out of the sport while he still can.

2. Could also be a farewell tour when it comes to British Speedway like Kasprzak at Lynn.

3 hours ago, TTT said:

One of these because they're the only sides that hold any logic.

1. Nicki P

2. Andersen

3. Basso

4. Tungate or R. Worrall

5. NKI

6. B. Cook

7. JJ

Rob Lyon (Team Manager)

or

1. NKI

2. R. Worrall

3. Basso

4. Tungate

5. C. Holder

6. B. Cook

7. JJ

(Hans Andersen Team Manager)

Some say Holder is a definite  starter ...So team 2 with NKI at number 1.But some say No Tungate ...its all rumours and guess work till they announce  it ....

If Gasser90 says his source has confirmed Holder is in,signed sealed and delivered then that for me is good business. And he heard that yesterday,so fair play, but at 11-30am yesterday morning Holder was 100% NOT a Panther.

Things change by the minute, and this delay of naming riders by both teams proves there is some serious hold up for reasons apart from Work Permit's none of us know.

It is quite boring now, and by the time these Septet's get named, some of us would possibly of switched off.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

If Gasser90 says his source has confirmed Holder is in,signed sealed and delivered then that for me is good business. And he heard that yesterday,so fair play, but at 11-30am yesterday morning Holder was 100% NOT a Panther.

Things change by the minute, and this delay of naming riders by both teams proves there is some serious hold up for reasons apart from Work Permit's none of us know.

It is quite boring now, and by the time these Septet's get named, some of us would possibly of switched off.

Can only be down to us wanting the same riders imo, It's just too much of a coincidence to be anything else imo.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Can only be down to us wanting the same riders imo, It's just too much of a coincidence to be anything else imo.

Totally wrong. Not after the same riders at all. It’s been made very clear who Ipswich were, and continue to be after. Holder, Worrall and Andersen are all in at Peterborough. 

14 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Totally wrong. Not after the same riders at all. It’s been made very clear who Ipswich were, and continue to be after. Holder, Worrall and Andersen are all in at Peterborough. 

It seems Tomalin has 1.7 signed but 4 some reason doesnt want to announce  it yet...

5 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

I don't buy the Emil rumours, I think it's false info leaked by the club to certain individuals who are then leaking it across social media, The clubs are hardly going to admit to scrambling over the same riders as it makes them both sound desperate.

Emil has to breach his mega money contract with Torun and start a rift with them after singing a contract under specific terms set by Torun's management stating that he has to agree to not ride in any other country.

FIM can step in but at the end of the day Emil has no case because he signed a contract under specific terms stating that he wouldn't ride in another country.

Say for example the FIM take his side just to continue the story, after all of that, he'd then have to rely on a Pro-Ukrainian British Government to do him a favour and then hope that Torun don't terminate him for breaching the terms in his contract after double crossing them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

I don't buy the Emil rumours, I think it's false info leaked by the club to certain individuals who are then leaking it across social media, The clubs are hardly going to admit to scrambling over the same riders as it makes them both sound desperate.

Emil has to breach his mega money contract with Torun and start a rift with them after singing a contract under specific terms set by Torun's management stating that he has to agree to not ride in any other country.

FIM can step in but at the end of the day Emil has no case because he signed a contract under specific terms stating that he wouldn't ride in another country.

Say for example the FIM take his side just to continue the story, after all of that, he'd then have to rely on a Pro-Ukrainian British Government to do him a favour and then hope that Torun don't terminate him for breaching the terms in his contract after double crossing them.

I’ve been told by a number of riders that Emil and ipswich have a deal agreed and that they just have some issues with the fim to sort. Chris Louis still confident he can get it over the line 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2