British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

16 hours ago, Haza said:

Great rider in his day no one would disagree with that but sadly his time on a speedway bike is over in my opinion 

And only won 3 heats at home all season nowhere good enough anymore for showground he’d be far better off at wolves or Ipswich small tracks is his game now

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, Falcon1983 said:

Its a difficult one, with nothing concrete for 2024, would a rider choose Peterborough for one season over another club who have a more secure future? Obviously averages fit so riders will be available but feel on a first choice basis it won't be Peterborough unless sentiment plays a role

I'd go with a side such as

1. Harris

2. Ostegaard

3. Lawson

4. Basso

5. Iversen

6. Allen

7. Jenkins

Take Ostergaard and Allen out and find decent replacements and that's a good side 

Realistically....

Klindt, Harris, Ully, Nicholls, MPT, Hans, Jenkins

The attitude of..... 'they can't be that bad again.... right?'

• Like 1

Based on who I think will line-up for us in 2023.

This isn't what I want though.

Yes this team isn't good on paper but I'm building a realistic 1-7 rather than building an unrealistic 1-7 containing superstars.

1. Chris Harris (Don't see anyone else signing him on a average he'll stand a 0% chance of maintaining)

2. Thomas Jorgensen (Buster loyalty will see TJ get shipped over to us, unfortunately for us I think he'll be Basso's replacement in a straight swap if the rumour is true)

3. Ryan Douglas (Don't think he'll be at Wolves, Panthers most likely destination if he's not at Wolves imo)

4. Richard Lawson (I can see Buster doing a second swap between his clubs with MPT going to KL and Lawson being shipped to Peterborough)

5. Nicolai Klindt or Niels K Iversen

6. Hans Andersen (Rider loyalty will see him get a job on his low average imo)

7. Jordan Jenkins (RS) (Has improved drastically and he'll be back if the RS scheme continues)

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Based on who I think will line-up for us in 2023.

This isn't what I want though.

Yes this team isn't good on paper but I'm building a realistic 1-7 rather than building an unrealistic 1-7 containing superstars.

1. Chris Harris (Don't see anyone else signing him on a average he'll stand a 0% chance of maintaining)

2. Thomas Jorgensen (Buster loyalty will see TJ get shipped over to us, unfortunately for us I think he'll be Basso's replacement in a straight swap if the rumour is true)

3. Ryan Douglas (Don't think he'll be at Wolves, Panthers most likely destination if he's not at Wolves imo)

4. Richard Lawson (I can see Buster doing a second swap between his clubs with MPT going to KL and Lawson being shipped to Peterborough)

5. Nicolai Klindt or Niels K Iversen

6. Hans Andersen (Rider loyalty will see him get a job on his low average imo)

7. Jordan Jenkins (RS) (Has improved drastically and he'll be back if the RS scheme continues)

At the moment TJ 5.78, Basso 5.91... Lawson 6.27, MPT 6,87

I'd take Basso and Lawson, and Picko as a start.

4 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Realistically....

Klindt, Harris, Ully, Nicholls, MPT, Hans, Jenkins

The attitude of..... 'they can't be that bad again.... right?'

Please no more Ostergaard.  One of Andersen or Nicholls at reserve maybe but not all of them. 

We need change.

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, hans fan said:

And only won 3 heats at home all season nowhere good enough anymore for showground he’d be far better off at wolves or Ipswich small tracks is his game now

As we saw yesterday at Belle Vue Scottys no longer on the pace on the big pacey tracks but is still decent on little technical tracks where his natural ability can still get him good scores. I'd like to see him finish his career of with a couple of seasons back at his home Town track Ipswich.

As for the Peterborough track, I so wish this new development on the land would include retaining the speedway track seeing as the indoor Arena is being retained so the carpark will be staying surely. Peterborough speedways one of the best facilities in British speedway and despite being in operation for 52 years still seems modern and clean. Lets face it if Peterborough speedway has to build a new track and Stadium the chances of that happening is slim at best.

2 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

s we saw yesterday at Belle Vue Scottys no longer on the pace on the big pacey tracks but is still decent on little technical tracks where his natural ability can still get him good scores. I'd like to see him finish his career of with a couple of seasons back at his home Town track Ipswich.

IMO that is what he should do or stick to Champ league but perhaps the best course of action would be to retire to him media work which he is starting to excel at .

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

At the moment TJ 5.78, Basso 5.91... Lawson 6.27, MPT 6,87

I'd take Basso and Lawson, and Picko as a start.

Think your HL's will be Josh Pickering, Michael Palm Toft and one of Niels K Iversen or Nicolai Klindt.

Buster will balance his teams out so any departing Panther will be exchanged for a like for like replacement from KL.

I'm expecting KL & Peterborough 1-7's to be made up from this pool of riders.

HL Pool (3 each) - Josh Pickering, Nicolai Klindt, Niels K Iversen, Chris Harris, Michael Palm Toft & Richard Lawson (Ryan Doulgas to Panthers if Wolves release him)

Second Strings (2 each) - Thomas Jorgensen, Richie Worrall, Lewis Kerr, Ben Basso & Craig Cook

Reserve (1 each) - Ulrich Ostergaard, Hans Andersen & Scott Nicholls

Rising Star (1 each) - Jason Edwards, Jack Thomas, Jordan Jenkins & Jordan Palin

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Think your HL's will be Josh Pickering, Michael Palm Toft and one of Niels K Iversen or Nicolai Klindt.

Buster will balance his teams out so any departing Panther will be exchanged for a like for like replacement from KL.

I'm expecting KL & Peterborough 1-7's to be made up from this pool of riders.

HL Pool (3 each) - Josh Pickering, Nicolai Klindt, Niels K Iversen, Chris Harris, Michael Palm Toft & Richard Lawson (Ryan Doulgas to Panthers if Wolves release him)

Second Strings (2 each) - Thomas Jorgensen, Richie Worrall, Lewis Kerr, Ben Basso & Craig Cook

Reserve (1 each) - Ulrich Ostergaard, Hans Andersen & Scott Nicholls

Rising Star (1 each) - Jason Edwards, Jack Thomas, Jordan Jenkins & Jordan Palin

Will see you in the bottom 2 again :P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Will see you in the bottom 2 again :P

Both of us will be in the bottom 2 unless the AGM forces other clubs to rip up 1-7's.

What I’ve found most shocking is that MPT is 3rd on the list of heat wins at home this season and he’s been out more than he’s been in. Whatever happens next season panthers need a team that can ride the showground well. Harris, basso, Pickering, Douglas. 2 or 3 of those would be my starting point 

28 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

What I’ve found most shocking is that MPT is 3rd on the list of heat wins at home this season and he’s been out more than he’s been in. Whatever happens next season panthers need a team that can ride the showground well. Harris, basso, Pickering, Douglas. 2 or 3 of those would be my starting point 

I just had a gander at the stats. Harris has 48 heat wins, 26 at home and 22 away, compared to Picko with 24 heat wins, 13 home and 11 away:blink:

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I just had a gander at the stats. Harris has 48 heat wins, 26 at home and 22 away, compared to Picko with 24 heat wins, 13 home and 11 away:blink:

Panthers are terrible bar basso and Harris, Andersen with 3 heat wins at home, dreadful considering he was classed as the king of the showground at one stage by many I’m sure. I think picko is a great rider and exciting too watch, plus 24 heat wins is still pretty decent for someone having his first full season in the prem and at times riding at number 1