British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Worrall did all that he could in that first home meeting considering he faced Doyle and Emil in 2 of his rides, i made that point at the time. Glad he had a good night tonight

A sensible post. As it has proved. Sick of Panthers fans blaming Buster for everything. He got NP in at great cost. His fault NP bottled it. Nope...RW  was slagged off as well as a  Buster.'s signing... Mt has done nothing he promised !!

I have  no connection with Buster apart from seeing  him walk his dog a few times. But some Panthers fans need to give their head a wobble.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Nicki has made some comments.

image 2023 04 13 182123597

In a separate post, Nicki also confirmed he didn't receive a signing on fee.

Edited by BassoRacingFan
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

A sensible post. As it has proved. Sick of Panthers fans blaming Buster for everything. He got NP in at great cost. His fault NP bottled it. Nope...RW  was slagged off as well as a  Buster.'s signing... Mt has done nothing he promised !!

I have  no connection with Buster apart from seeing  him walk his dog a few times. But some Panthers fans need to give their head a wobble.

It was also good to see KK have a good night too - I can’t see how any rider signs or sets up not to do well - mind you he was a big risk in my view given his fee and age etc!! 

id never be a promoter - damned if you do and certainly damned if you do not!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sully said:

Toft guesting at No1 on Monday. 

You just knew it would be a KL guest. The first of many no doubt!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

It seems that NP has come to terms with the inevitable fact that the more races a rider has, the more risk to injury there is  and recognises that at this late stage of his career, his body is not likely  to be able to take much more. Sure, he still chooses to race and continue run the risks, but the risks are lower with fewer rides and frankly it is good he has come to terms with the fact. He gave it a go at Peterborough but unfortunately for everybody, learnt the lesson the hard way.
Speedway riders should take heed from the fight game where far too many boxers have taken that "one fight too many"  - Good luck Nicki for however long your speedway career continues, you have never ridden for clubs  I support, but I will be forever grateful for the hours of entertainment you have provided - even if some of it made my blood boil at the time! 

Edited by 1 valve

15 hours ago, TheSmiler said:

From MT on Facebook:

“Just as an update from my perspective and my perspective alone the NP debacle has been an issue, something none of us expected however we will react given time to measure the next step. 

In regard to the overall position with the Speedway I’m keen to understand the options. 

Let’s just support our team who we all love dearly and let the rest go through the process. 

As I have stated it ain’t over until the fat lady sings”

When was this.? On the pboro page ?

9 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Do I believe him? If he wished me good morning I'd go and look out of the window to make sure it wasn't dark!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Do I believe him? If he wished me good morning I'd go and look out of the window to make sure it wasn't dark!

actually i do believe him as he has aiways seemd to me to be to be very  honest with his statements - guess  the fall gave him a big reallity check and perhaps he should quit altogether (but obviously his decision) as it was an awful crash he had last year - good luck Niki no hard feelings from me 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

The purpose of fixed race nights was supposedly to allow "top names" to come back to the UK...

Actually, I think the purpose of fixed race nights was to allow for the dreaded doubling up

13 hours ago, Sully said:

Awful racing though. Not sure if just down to track conditions or that is the standard? 

Track conditions, we had a massive cloud burst around 4pm, Worrall said that if the track had been like it was last year then it wouldn't have taken place. Which is a shame, because I think some of the bumps last year actually added to the racing, swings and roundabouts though. I'll reserve judgement on the track "improvements" until it's prepared without any extreme weather intervention

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

It seems that NP has come to terms with the inevitable fact that the more races a rider has, the more risk to injury there is  and recognises that at this late stage of his career, his body is not likely  to be able to take much more. Sure, he still chooses to race and continue run the risks, but the risks are lower with fewer rides and frankly it is good he has come to terms with the fact. He gave it a go at Peterborough but unfortunately for everybody, learnt the lesson the hard way.
Speedway riders should take heed from the fight game where far too many boxers have taken that "one fight too many"  - Good luck Nicki for however long your speedway career continues, you have never ridden for clubs  I support, but I will be forever grateful for the hours of entertainment you have provided - even if some of it made my blood boil at the time! 

I think this may have come across better if Nicki had released some kind of video statement and owned it rather than letting speculation grow

3 hours ago, pleasureboy60 said:

You just knew it would be a KL guest. The first of many no doubt!

nothing wrong with that - hope we get our own number one soon

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

That's Leicester's guest rider sorted, if they ever need one

12 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

That's Leicester's guest rider sorted, if they ever need one

He should have signed for us this season to be honest just for his home form

4 hours ago, Sully said:

Toft guesting at No1 on Monday. 

:D