British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

22 hours ago, TTT said:

Read the Zagar £100 payment excuse a few times now.

I'll bet if you attempted to employ someone who significantly changed the terms prior to starting you  wouldn't then see it as an "excuse".

Anyway, more to the point who are you gonna balme if your lot go down at BV tonight with there being no RW??  (btw I would genuinely love to see your lot upset the form book tonight although I know it's unlikely the way BV are going!)

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'll bet if you attempted to employ someone who significantly changed the terms prior to starting you  wouldn't then see it as an "excuse".

Anyway, more to the point who are you gonna balme if your lot go down at BV tonight with there being no RW??  (btw I would genuinely love to see your lot upset the form book tonight although I know it's unlikely the way BV are going!)

Buster obviously!  Lol.  

Buster kept the Richie Worrall situation under wraps well, Another situation that wouldn't have occurred if we just signed Rohan Tungate.

Tonight's planned line-up before the off probably saw Jack Smith or some other NL rider at No.1 considering we wouldn't be able to run R/R at No.1 and No.4.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

If I was desperate for a HL then I'd just pay the money purely due to the fact that I wouldn't have a plan B HL on the table.

Nobody because tonight was a guaranteed loss even with a full 1-7. 

Belle Vue and Sheffield are head and shoulders above everyone in this league when lining up with a full 1-7 imo.

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

He's been around long enough to know that it comes with the territory. I'm sure that he's had plenty from Lynn. Peterborough had the Swales laying in to forums, Frost calling out the keyboard warriors many times, including calling some supporters (although he'd dispute that) worthless, and Hans saying that he has better things to do than read & bother about internet forums. Bratters had his moments with forums as well.

Running two clubs on a budget to make up the numbers might have been laudable at the time but even you must see that speedway for the sake of it without ambition or success isn't going to receive high praise and thanks. Yes it's always great to be running but it always goes pear shaped pretty quickly (2021 was a lucky/freak year when everything fell in to place) and that's how it stays.

No one wants Buster to sell the club more than me. I didn’t like it from the start, but at the time he was trying to save a club or the Prem. I don’t for one minute think that Buster is enjoying it right now. Flappy has said that MT still want’s the club. If that is the case I hope they can thrash a deal out between then, that is acceptable to both parties.

I feel sorry for the other riders in the team, Ben Cook, Basso etc, how can we criticise performances when we’re in such a state off track. Why would you go for a marginal move and hurt yourself when no one seems to give a toss anyway.

1 minute ago, JoeW436 said:

I feel sorry for the other riders in the team, Ben Cook, Basso etc, how can we criticise performances when we’re in such a state off track. Why would you go for a marginal move and hurt yourself when no one seems to give a toss anyway.

Because they're self employed riding as their career 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No one wants Buster to sell the club more than me. I didn’t like it from the start, but at the time he was trying to save a club or the Prem. I don’t for one minute think that Buster is enjoying it right now. Flappy has said that MT still want’s the club. If that is the case I hope they can thrash a deal out between then, that is acceptable to both parties.

Even Lynn have been short changed by using good friend Simon Lambert as a replacement for a 6 pointer.

That's not budget that's lazy 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Even Lynn have been short changed by using good friend Simon Lambert as a replacement for a 6 pointer.

That's not budget that's lazy 

I don’t think he had many options to be fair. Until the other call off, by then he agreed to hire Simon for the night. If he knew about the call off before hand, then I agree that Lambert would of been the cheap option, and not good enough.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don’t think he had many options to be fair. Until the other call off, by then he agreed to hire Simon for the night. If he knew about the call off before hand, then I agree that Lambert would of been the cheap option, and not good enough.

I agree there were no options before the call off.But at the end of the day you have to make your team the strongest possible,especially for a home meeting.If that meant letting Simon down then it had to be done.He will still get pretty much a full day in at work before setting off for Lynn anyway.You can't let your home fans down,tonight they have big time.

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Just rip this shambles of a team apart I've had enough 

Sorry mate   but we are stuck with this lot. Chapman won't fork out another penny on decent riders. He doesnt give a sh**e about Peterborough speedway He needs to go now , not later !

Edited by pleasureboy60

8 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Sorry mate   but we are stuck with this lot. Chapman won't fork out another penny on decent riders. He doesnt give a sh**e about Peterborough speedway He needs to go now , not later !

Agreed he needs to go 

Both clubs owned by Buster are in from a frustrating season that’s for sure . Such a shame for both sets fans that by 24th April almost feels like seasons over and that’s terrible.

• Like 1

Rob Lyon is fuming.

Said he told them Basso shouldn't be a heat leader and we're simply not good enough. 

Pleased he's spoken out 

Edited by Flappy