British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Basso has gone down 1.5 points? That is pretty drastic tbf. 

He started the season at 6.81

Basso’s gating is what let’s him down, he then ends up at the back and it’s either back to 1st or in the air fence, he kept Sayfutdinov and Doyle behind on two separate occasions when he made a gate at the start of the year 

11 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

If Wolves had kept Morris then yes they could have signed Andersen with a team total of 38.96.

Then Wolves would have been virtually unbeatable around Monmore, and in the process picking up a lot of valuable aggregate points.                                Honestly can't see why CVS and Adams haven't included Hans in years gone by.Ever since he came to these shores,he's nearly always been a double figure rider around the Green.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

14 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Ben Cook isn't the problem, its our number 3 and 4 and the lack of a number 1 which are the major concerns. Basso clearly isnt at the level he was last season and we are suffering for it. So far this season Worrall, Iversen and Basso are the ones who are averaging under their averages. 

• NKI 6.97 to 6.29
  • Basso 6.61 to 5.04
  • Worrall 6.27 to 6.11
  • Andersen 5.19 to 5.67
  • Cook 4.06 to 4.17
  • Jenkins 3.00 to 4.00

I really like Basso and don't want to see him leave but he really does need to start being the rider we saw in 2022.

Is that in all competitions, or just league matches?

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is that in all competitions, or just league matches?

We got a bye in the cup so all league meetings

24 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

We got a bye in the cup so all league meetings

Here's a few from Lynn (all comps)

Klindt  7.39 to 4.38

TJ  6.35 to 5.68

MPT  6.86 to 5.09

KK away is 2.40:o

Same boat as you. It will be interesting how riders pan out. Both need a re think for me. NK, MPT and KK are our problems. I think KK will go and the rest will be given time. Having said that i'd be happy to bag Max and Cookie ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

24 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Ben Cook isn't the problem, its our number 3 and 4 and the lack of a number 1 which are the major concerns. Basso clearly isnt at the level he was last season and we are suffering for it. So far this season Worrall, Iversen and Basso are the ones who are averaging under their averages.

Starting Averages in brackets

• NKI (7.59) 6.97 to 6.29
  • Basso (6.81) 6.61 to 5.04
  • Worrall (6.15) 6.27 to 6.11
  • Andersen (4.93) 5.19 to 5.67
  • Cook (4.06) 4.06 to 4.17
  • Jenkins  (3.00) 3.00 to 4.00

I really like Basso and don't want to see him leave but he really does need to start being the rider we saw in 2022.

Ben Cook isn't the problem but is a part of the problem. 

As Rob Lyon said Basso is going through second season syndrome for Peterborough anyway but I'd still be moving on Worrall, and Cook before him.

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:

Starting Averages in brackets

• NKI (7.59) 6.97 to 6.29
  • Basso (6.81) 6.61 to 5.04
  • Worrall (6.15) 6.27 to 6.11
  • Andersen (4.93) 5.19 to 5.67
  • Cook (4.06) 4.06 to 4.17
  • Jenkins  (3.00) 3.00 to 4.00

Now you've started it ;   there will be 3 pages of get Basso out now to come afterall why are Peterborough developing him for Glasgows benefit 

So NKI qualified from his Sec qualifier ,but looking at the riders who didnt qualify  apart from Hampel and Bellego they were mostly unknowns in the UK

Edited by scoobydoo

22 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Now you've started it ;   there will be 3 pages of get Basso out now to come afterall why are Peterborough developing him for Glasgows benefit 

Haha good point! It's a lame excuse tbf. 

I agree that other riders aren't performing to expectations. 

It's just with Ben Cook all we're doing is developing a rider for a club like Sheffield (Example) to reap all of the rewards in the future whilst we don't get anything out of the deal at all other than 3/4 point returns most weeks due to the rider not having enough experience on Prem tracks.

It just doesn't make any sense to me when you could have someone like Craig Cook who'd consistently get at least 7+ points from reserve every week that'll actually benefit our club this year.

I'd have a different stance on Ben Cook if we were coming to tapes in 2024 with Ben Cook in our 1-7 because then we'd get to reap the rewards going forward that would benefit our club from 2024 onwards.

As for Basso it's no surprise to see him struggling now after everything that's gone on from Nicki's walkout all the way down to being asked to partner Richie Worrall in the engine room.

Richie can't win races consistently at this level, He even struggles to get 2nd places most weeks so expecting Basso to become a solid HL in his second Premiership season is just to much pressure for the young dane.

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

I agree that other riders aren't performing to expectations. 

It's just with Ben Cook all we're doing is developing a rider for a club like Sheffield (Example) to reap all of the rewards in the future whilst we don't get anything out of the deal at all other than 3/4 point returns most weeks due to the rider not having enough experience on Prem tracks.

It just doesn't make any sense to me when you could have someone like Craig Cook who'd consistently get at least 7+ points from reserve every week that'll actually benefit our club this year.

I'd have a different stance on Ben Cook if we were coming to tapes in 2024 with Ben Cook in our 1-7 because then we'd get to reap the rewards going forward that would benefit our club from 2024 onwards.

You knew all this before the season started, so why sign him in the first place? Also Poole could move back up in 2024 so you wouldn't have him anyway. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1