British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

7 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Ben Cook has scored 15 points for Poole at Redcar tonight. 

That'll do the trick 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Don't forget to take the air fence down Monday if you want an opinion 

Or clean the toilets.

3 hours ago, Octoberon said:

Carl did not say that he’d put thousands of pounds into the club. He said that he’d put in thousands of hours work into the club over the years

That is true, That was MT job, but he hasn't delivered. But Carl has made himself look like an clown with his comments

3 hours ago, TTT said:

JFC!

image.png.5668b674c0efed942c2401a00569f7f8.png

Oh my god.. Are him a MT a double act:blink:

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

...and this from a guy who I have heard slagging off the team during a meeting to fans..

I believe you. Well that says it all. The clubs full of sh$t. Him and MT are a comedy act.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Its becoming more  obvious now that the club has no future come the end of the season , if thats the way they all go about there business with paying customers , god help them when it comes to dealing with the important people who they would need to convince that the speedway team in Peterborough should be saved .

In fact its getting seriously to the point of if they can really survive the season, 

For Ulrich's sake i hope its lasts until after his farewell as he deserves his meeting in the very least , but at least he has Glasgow as a back up hopefully.

They have to finish the season. If they fold, it will only add to the speedway isn't worth the expense of a new site..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Its becoming more  obvious now that the club has no future come the end of the season , if thats the way they all go about there business with paying customers , god help them when it comes to dealing with the important people who they would need to convince that the speedway team in Peterborough should be saved .

In fact its getting seriously to the point of if they can really survive the season, 

For Ulrich's sake i hope its lasts until after his farewell as he deserves his meeting in the very least , but at least he has Glasgow as a back up hopefully.

I don't know if you know Flappy. But he responded to my comment  of TM with "Watch this space"  Are we going to see a to late Tomalin charge :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't know if you know Flappy. But he responded to my comment  of TM with "Watch this space"  Are we going to see a to late Tomalin charge :rofl:

Well the Ged Rathbone and MT double act rumours aren't going away.  The biggest problem anyone has is getting the funding for the new track and that's where the planning document must be adhered too. 

Nobody is buying any club with closure hanging over its head 

14 hours ago, TTT said:

Application must have been rejected.

Changed his social media bio's to co-promoter but I guess he was jumping the gun.

On Facebook now in his bio he just says he’s the club sponsor at Peterborough now. 

Interesting that even on his page he was Peterborough mad at the start of the season by the looks of it and very little of late.

23 minutes ago, Najjer said:

On Facebook now in his bio he just says he’s the club sponsor at Peterborough now. 

Interesting that even on his page he was Peterborough mad at the start of the season by the looks of it and very little of late.

He's on holiday again...

https://twitter.com/TomalinMichael/status/1659893643405058049?s=20

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

Just spent 10 minutes entertaining myself reading through the Peterborough Facebook page and seeing comments from Allitt and Tomalin making a prat of themselves.

They really have morphed into the new Banter speedway club. Hilarious but sad at the same time.

Some of the best comments are people talking about signing Holder as no.1 still when he’s currently sidelined with broken bones.

I remember when forums where the Antichrist. Frost/Mahoney ditched Panthers forum to keep things controlled/professional and in-house with basic one way (out) communications. The management never got involved with supporters (well Julie did once or twice to a selective worthless bunch, but that was it). Always a mistake to rise to the bait. However, if you don't communicate effectively but still want to interact and play the social media game then those are the problems that you create for yourself. It's usually at desperate times and always ends in a slanging match.

10 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

There can't be another sport where those running/connected with teams are so obsessed with moaning about keyboard warriors and making unprofessional comments/statements. What do they think it's actually going to achieve? There's not one club who can afford to alienate their supporters, if just 1 person decides 'I've had enough' after reading them, how are you replacing that £300+?

If you can't handle a few critical comments then maybe either don't put yourself in that position or stay off social media. Whatever you do, it should be pretty simple to understand you don't start having a pop at your supporters because you need them.

customers

Im of the opinion that MTs co promoter/ sponsor status is all down to the Holdergate rift issue with Buster , its sounding like hes taken a backstep from what was expected/agreed to happen at the time and now the relationship has broken down to the extent that he has withdrawn any further cash input , hes said on SM hes put money in but it points now towards him not being prepared to put any more money in with how the situation is .

If the rumour of him and Ged teaming up is true then this most likely has been formed to buy out Buster  only if the situation of the clubs future improves . 

Maybe even John Clarke would get involved as  Crendons owner also . But this is just my opinion and nothing else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

Well the Ged Rathbone and MT double act rumours aren't going away. 

The biggest problem anyone has is getting the funding for the new track and that's where the planning document must be adhered too. 

Nobody is buying any club with closure hanging over its head 

That was MT's first mistake, Telling fans he was going to buy the club and re locate it. 

Lets hope between them they can keep the Panthers going, if the rumour turns out to be true.